• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

help they say its not a Bhut ?

fellow chile heads are thinking its not a bhut i could hardly eat one what do you think
thanks so darn cute 0h I Love there little skirts
yousurenotabhut.jpg

oh thank god thought i was crazy
the ripe one is the very first on the plant
gonna try it tonight OH BOY !!!
thank you and i will let you know if its hot they say the first peps dont have the same heat?
gonna find out

That ripe one doesn't look like a bhut.

See how smooth it is? None of the gnarly looking bumps and so forth that accompany a bhut.

Plus the shape of the green one to the right is weird... maybe some kind of habanero or 7pot.

come on guys...remember pod shape variation?....it dang sure has indian variety traits...

if he grew Bhut seeds, he has got a bhut plant....

Enuz...can you brief us on where the seeds came from?

Well, I grew Datil seeds and got a annuum (cross?) that looks like a thai pepper. so there's that.

I suppose the point I was trying to make was that unless your seeds come from a supplier that totally isolates their seed crop, crosses may occur and sometimes even a stable genetic mutation...most of what we see now as new pepper varieties are simply accidental crosses...that's what I try and stay away from because of the variation of pod shape/color/texture/taste within the new variety...

Next year, I will have only 5 varieties growing...wild tepin, foodarama scotch bonnet, 7 Pot, Trinidad Scorpion, and Billy Biker Jalapenos...I am studying isolation techniques right now to determine the easiest way for me to do it....I may just build some 5' square by 6' tall frames and cover them with mosquito netting.....for a few of the scorpions and 7s

Enuz...the ripe pods in the pic seem to be the first couple pods on that plant. They can sometimes look alittle funny. IMO the confusion here deals with the initial pic you posted in anothet topic.The pods on that plant looked a bit more like a naga. Being grown inside of a greenhouse with limited light and small container could have affected the pod size,and shape though. It would be easy for someone to confuse the two or rip you off. They have that "wavy" edged appearance like the indian varieties can have as AJ stated above. Whatever you are doing,keep doing it!!! Those plants look damn good in the other thread. Enjoy yourself here.

Bhuts
hi 1st year 2010 seeds originaly came from Pepper Joes 24 seeds 10 plants made it small 2' to 3' tall late start
2nd year 2011 bought another 24 from Pepper Joe 14 plants made it, plus last years seeds 50seeds 30 plants
earlier start 3' 4' tall lots of peppers
this year over 100 seeds all from plants from last year hade about 60 plants make it kept 8 for myself
i have about 40 Habs cayanes, long reds, purple Jalapeno,yatzi, and madusa, total of aroud 100 plants
around 70 of them are in pots

that is alot of work just watering also have around 25 tomatoe s in pots some are 8 feet tall sweet 100's

i am going to try and post a pic later of the plant with the ripe pod an try to get other pods in the pic
you are on about that one does look funny
after i get the pic i am going to pic it off
I was told one time the first pods ar often not as hot
I gonna find out ???? let you know

Back