• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

HELP! Trying to germ passion fruit seeds !

Yes, I have a thing about big pots, and don't believe they are nearly as "necessary" as what they're promoted and cracked up to be. Small pots can be great to control growth and make plants bloom and produce fruits much sooner.

I intend on sinking this baby in the ground though, next Spring. I will likely transplant it into something about 2 inches wider and deeper when I bring it indoors shortly. I will cut it down off the trellis, leaving only half a foot of growth.

I know it will start bursting out new shoots as soon as I get it inside. It is unbelievably healthy, and is fed every single week without fail. It is going to give me one hell of a bloom next year, because I've been feeding it a heavy blooming formula for 8 solid months!!! I will continue to do so throughout winter.

I am so looking forward to seeing it's flowers very soon...

: )

I hope to have half the vine of the mother plant. It is huge ! It wraps his whole fence line of his back yard ..... probably 30 meters of fence .. and its a monster on the fence not just a few runners.
He picks KG`s of orange size Panama gold pretty much all year, as he has the weather ;)

Our climates are very different from each other, but I was told that passiflora can be a perennial here, if the roots can really establish, over a couple seasons.

This is why I was advised to keep it inside the first winter, and then leave it outside the following year, to return the next.

I think they might be hardier than we give them credit for, and it will be interesting to see if the one in the ground returns next season regardless. We'll see...

Sure is a great vine - so attractive and appealing.

: )

Got another!

P1010389.jpg

Ok had a look, to see what the 30 degree day did to the seedlings...

To my surprise , I have now 14 sprouted !!!!!
DSCF4724.jpg

It seems most techs worked, some quicker than others. And I am sure that I could probably get away with NO scarfaction, but I am convinced that it will speed it up.

Im going to have these things every where ! :hell:

Back