• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

HELP! urgent pls!!!

Can somebody help me with this problem of mine i really dont know what to do anymore, the new growth leaves is curling down, i dont know if its a virus or OD or Nute Defciency or Overwatering....
any help would be much appreciated

2012-04-02170801.jpg

2012-04-02170741.jpg

2012-04-02170722.jpg

2012-04-02170643.jpg

2012-04-02170632.jpg

happened to mee before, I think it might be overwatering?
wait a little though, cuhz somebody might have a better response.

thats how mine started looking when they were in the sun to long. As in they are not hardened off properly yet.
But if they look like that all the time (day or night), id think like the guy above.. but my experience with overwatering was yellowing leaves.. followed by them all falling off. lol.

This crap happens to me and in all different varieties, its also random, I would move to bigger pots and cut them back, its worked for me, the flowers or buds on the effected stems usually die, out of 58 TS plants 3 months old 2 have that crap, My Thai, some Big Bombs, Datils, Jals, ETC. have all suffered through this.

That sort of looks like when I watered my plants with full strength Miracle Grow (1Tb / Gal water) I usually dilute to 1/4 strength, but got side tracked. If the leaves have the appearance of being burnt at the tips in a few days, thats probably the problem.

Good Luck

there is one plant in there with the wrinkly curls, they all get the same nutrients soil and sun, I also check the moisture content daily. They sell moisture meters on E-bay cheap, I was over watering big time awhile back
IMG_0119.jpg

Ive found that over watering causes 95% of the problems ive seen. But being rootbound is bad too your pots look too small bro i would say pot em up and only water when they wilt. Good luck bro let us know.

Repotting should help them out. Looks like overwatering and nutrient deficiency.

Edit: I'd also pinch those flowers so it doesn't waste its energy on them. They are too small and unhealthy for pods.

Ive found that over watering causes 95% of the problems ive seen. But being rootbound is bad too your pots look too small bro i would say pot em up and only water when they wilt. Good luck bro let us know.

my mom just love to water my plant when im not home, my plants grow fast before this incident happened
i might do that when i get some cash on me, i found some in craiglist selling more than 200 pots diff sizes ranging from 2 to 5 galons for $70

Repotting should help them out. Looks like overwatering and nutrient deficiency.

Edit: I'd also pinch those flowers so it doesn't waste its energy on them. They are too small for pods.

yea i was gonna do that also, thanks for the tip, last night i did some flushing just to remove some excess nutes just in-case its a nute def

+1 Dulac concerning the flower buds. I made the mistake last year of leaving the flower buds on my plants when they were only 8-16 inches tall, and kind of spindly, and my harvest was abysmal. The roots were piss-poor because of the energy consumed keeping the peppers alive, and my plants ended up dying when I tried to overwinter them :(

Could it be the symptom of broad mites attack? Last season, this happened to all of my annumn in 5gallons pots.

Thanks

+1 Dulac concerning the flower buds. I made the mistake last year of leaving the flower buds on my plants when they were only 8-16 inches tall, and kind of spindly, and my harvest was abysmal. The roots were piss-poor because of the energy consumed keeping the peppers alive, and my plants ended up dying when I tried to overwinter them :(
So Infinity has a winter season?

So Infinity has a winter season?

Oh yes, indeed. By logical deduction, being infinite, it has everything at all times.

On a thread-related note, I would say that the plants are being overwatered. Cut back until the top few inches of the soil are dry, because even if it looks dry on top, the soil holds a lot of moisture, and the roots will reach right down as far as they can to get it, and if the water content is just a little too high in the bottom of the buckets, it can lead to leaf curling/drooping, and in a more extreme case, edema (blisters on the leaves, not cool, I am battling the aftermath of a few cases of that :( )

It also looks like the newer leaves are worse, so if you have been watering a bit, or getting a lot of rain, let the soil dry out a bit. It could also be calcium deficiency, as well. What kind of soil are you using, and are you adding any fertilizers/plant foods/compost to it? Be sure to use something like Cal-Mag if your soil doesn't have a lot of calcium, since that can lead to crinkled leaves as well.

Oh yes, indeed. By logical deduction, being infinite, it has everything at all times.

On a thread-related note, I would say that the plants are being overwatered. Cut back until the top few inches of the soil are dry, because even if it looks dry on top, the soil holds a lot of moisture, and the roots will reach right down as far as they can to get it, and if the water content is just a little too high in the bottom of the buckets, it can lead to leaf curling/drooping, and in a more extreme case, edema (blisters on the leaves, not cool, I am battling the aftermath of a few cases of that :( )

It also looks like the newer leaves are worse, so if you have been watering a bit, or getting a lot of rain, let the soil dry out a bit. It could also be calcium deficiency, as well. What kind of soil are you using, and are you adding any fertilizers/plant foods/compost to it? Be sure to use something like Cal-Mag if your soil doesn't have a lot of calcium, since that can lead to crinkled leaves as well.

im using MG potting mix, and just a slow release fert thats about it, just incase its over fert, i flushed them april 1, so ill wait if thats the problem, and im not gonna water them till they show signs of wilting

It sounds like it is a very good chance that what you have is too much fertilizer, if you added fertilizer(slow release or not) to MG soil, which is already full of nutes. I've been there, done that with the same results. They usually grow out of it eventually. Another case of too much love?

It sounds like it is a very good chance that what you have is too much fertilizer, if you added fertilizer(slow release or not) to MG soil, which is already full of nutes. I've been there, done that with the same results. They usually grow out of it eventually. Another case of too much love?

it can be over water, over fert, or mites those 3 problems im looking for with my plants right now, i hope everything works out
i think too much love is like a disease to new growers like me lol

Wow. Talk about answer overload. Since it's only happening to new growth fert burn and overwatering are probably not the cause. You should check real good for broad mites. You'll need a magnifying glass as they're too dang small to see without magnification. You can put some rubbing alcohol in a flat container and snip off an affected leaf and drop in quickly. Broad mites are fast but not in alcohol. Get a good light, some type of magnifcation and get to eyeballing. Good luck.

Wow. Talk about answer overload. Since it's only happening to new growth fert burn and overwatering are probably not the cause. You should check real good for broad mites. You'll need a magnifying glass as they're too dang small to see without magnification. You can put some rubbing alcohol in a flat container and snip off an affected leaf and drop in quickly. Broad mites are fast but not in alcohol. Get a good light, some type of magnifcation and get to eyeballing. Good luck.

what do they look like? and how do u cure them? i used azamax! because mostly we get mealy bug around my area and thats the only bug i know

Back