• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help with identifying Pepper

A new pepper enthusiast here. Thought the whole time this was going to be "Bishop Crown". Fresh as I may be I know this much-IT IS NOT. To me it looks so bizarre.
  • Seeds were originally extracted from a fresh Bishop Crown pod..so mix up seeds in bag is eliminated.
This beg the question in my mind whether hybridised pod (maybe from origin) can still look like parents pod, right/wrong?
  • Bear in mind all photos here are taken from one plant and adjacent to this on the ground is a Brazilian Starfish & 2 Aji Norteno (if any consequences)
https://picasaweb.go...lledBishopCrown
Any help will be much appreciated

Hey, thanks for the tip.  Probably not enough pods to make a decent amount of powder but will definitely try it one day.  I found from dehydrating the pods of other chillies that at the end of dehydrating/powder only 15% in weight left...so it is a pretty good way to preserve my harvest.  I have only done a mix pods dehydrating so far as not enough pods of one particular type.  Next time and thanks
stc3248 said:
The bitter is common on brown pods...but turn them into powder and they're freaking fantastic!

Sweet looking pods! I definitely think it got crossed with C.Chinense, some sort of Congo perhaps? In any case, they are wicked, and the cutaway of the interior is a great shot, too! Any chance I could get some seeds, if you have any of them left? That'd be a great one to grow out in succeeding generations and see how it does!

Now I grew this cross out..F2 and thought I post some pics
DSCN1152.JPG
Comparing F1 (left) with F2
Colours of the next generation is rather different
DSCN4465.JPG

Back