Helvete's Blue Ribbon Fatalii seed giveaway! CLOSED

I'm giving away seeds to the first ten people who want them.  No SASBE needed, just post in this thread and send me a PM with your address and I'll get them out this week.  The only thing I ask in return is for you to pay it forward, when you grow a plant and get fruits to share the seeds.  Due to my work schedule making it difficult to make it in to the post office in person to get international postage this is for US residents only.  These seeds come from a second year Fatalii plant that has fast growth habits and is extremely productive.  Fruits from it won first place in a local agricultural fair.  These plants grow fast and large so give them plenty of room, I had the mother plant in a 20 gallon pot for two seasons and she's now entering her third year and doing well after my move.  These are open pollinated!

Please count yourselves! I live in Alaska and this time zone is behind most/all of you!  I may not be able to close the giveaway before ten people have posted!

1) wrinklenuts
2) Genetikx
3) cloudhand
4) JohnsMyName
5) oldsalty
6) Ozzy2001
7)bpiela
8) Peppermaniac
9)SL3
10)hot stuff

for reference:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/56147-blue-ribbon-fatalii-peppers-d/

20150801_195429_zps7bxasjan.jpg

Woo.. I'd like some please.  (:  Oh wait.  It's Fatalii?  Somehow I thought the variety is "Helvete's Blue Ribbon Fatalii".   :P

Great offer!  Great looking plant!  I have Fatalii so not taking a spot.

Very nice offer Rich! Congrats on the blue ribbon! Now if this was for the 'Mortalii's'... I'd take a bite at that!

Whoever takes advantage of this is getting a tried and true great pepper (from a great/knowledgeable grower!)

Hope everything is going well in Alaska, stay warm!

I would love some seeds! Thanks Helvete!!! :)

ETA: I'm counting myself as 5/10 ???

Also, I can "Pay it Forward" now, I have some Jigsaw, Choc MS, and Primo seeds if anyone needs some. Just PM me.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Is this "Mortalii"?

These aren't seeds from the Mortalii plant, but the seed for the mother plant came from the same seed stock as the Mortalii mother.  Since people are asking, the Mortalii is likely a mutant (rather than an unstable cross) that grew pods that were shaped like Morugas.  Some members are growing it already, I, however, only have a handful of seeds for it left and will likely be growing all of them next season.  Once I have more available I can do another giveaway like this. 

The seeds from the blue ribbon plant should be every bit as prolific as both the mother and the Mortalii.  They grow fast and large.

Helvete said:

These aren't seeds from the Mortalii plant, but the seed for the mother plant came from the same seed stock as the Mortalii mother.  Since people are asking, the Mortalii is likely a mutant (rather than an unstable cross) that grew pods that were shaped like Morugas.  Some members are growing it already, I, however, only have a handful of seeds for it left and will likely be growing all of them next season.  Once I have more available I can do another giveaway like this. 

The seeds from the blue ribbon plant should be every bit as prolific as both the mother and the Mortalii.  They grow fast and large.

OK. Thanks for the clarification. My Mortalii plant only grew one pod last season that was drastically off pheno for a fatalii. It was very late in the season and looked kind of like a scorpion - bulbous with a big tail. All other pods seemed about 1/2 to 3/4 the length of a normal fatalii and a bit wider. 
     I definitely agree with your assessment regarding production. That plant outproduced other fataliis I grew by at least a factor of 2. It was one of those plants that just seems to have that "something" extra that just drives it to put all other plants in your garden to shame!
     If it's OK with you, I may do a give-away with some of my saved Mortalii seeds so folks can share the joy (pain  :twisted: ) this coming season. Also, let me know if you need any. I have a ton! I'll start a germ test tomorrow to see what I'm dealing with and get back to you.
     Thanks again for hooking me up last year!

Back