• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Herbs

mikeg said:
Hehhh.. if i were a poet, i might make an ode to fragrance titled "Lime Thyme Rhyme Time"...

...but it's probably just as well...

...on a serious note: i've never heard of lime thyme. What do you use it for ? Are it's essential oils as volatile as other thymes ? Anything you find worth mentioning is of interest to me.

Thanks
Use it on fish and poultry, very much the floral citrus taste. 

My Thai basil still going, not as prolific but then ran out of fertilizer, flowering, nice pink ones, hes over a year old now.

dragonsfire said:
My Thai basil still going, not as prolific but then ran out of fertilizer, flowering, nice pink ones, hes over a year old now.
What light source are you using during the winter months? I tried raising basil under fluorecent lights a few years ago...and raised greens that tasted worse than canned spinach !! Something, perhaps a specific wavelength of light, was lacking... and the basil just didn't produce that essential oil that is so characteristic of fresh basil....

Anyway, whatever you can tell me about overwintering basil in a winter of the likes of Medicine Hat is bound to be a boon of info for me.

Thanks.

Got two of these, awesome, Make great SAD lights too :)
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001UV6P9I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
(they were $60 before the Dollar went)

_2295451_ThaiBasilFlowers-1000_zpsiwqygzix.jpg

I just picked up lime thyme, citrus mint, mojito mint and chocolate mint, hoping my lemon grass recovers if not I'll pick up another one. All the basils are about to get planted.

dragonsfire said:
Chocolate Mint is nice, have had that in the past.
Yeah I have had it for 10 years in my mint garden with apple and pineapple but decided to get a new plants for a new area instead of digging up and moving some...LAZY <----

Back