• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Herbs

I'm growing mint for the first time.  Fascinating. So far so good.   Got a Spearmint seedling from Lowes.  Already cloned a sprig of that..  Also got Egyptian Mint seed germinated and some from Wally World germinated.  The smell of mint triggers the olfactory transporting me back to England when I was a kid.  Love it with Tea and sauced over Leg of Lamb.   :cool:

Streamer said:
I'm growing mint for the first time.  Fascinating. So far so good.   Got a Spearmint seedling from Lowes.  Already cloned a sprig of that..  Also got Egyptian Mint seed germinated and some from Wally World germinated.  The smell of mint triggers the olfactory transporting me back to England when I was a kid.  Love it with Tea and sauced over Leg of Lamb.   :cool:
Isolate it, mint will take over everything if not contained :) 

The Egyptian Mint sounds great, supposed to be sweeter and non evasive??
Mine has come back each year (reg Mint) and I noticed a week a go my caraway is poking out of the ground :)

I hope it takes over.  Would love it as a ground cover.    

I read that mint germinated from seed may be VARIABLE??  Not true to it's parent.  I hope that's not the case, especially with the Egyptian Mint seed I found online and have germinated successfully.  I'll be pissed if it turns out "skunky" and "pungent"  In other words, for best quality mint,  it's always best to get your mints from cuttings.....oh the horrors...........

Well, at least I've got Spearmint and Chocolate Mint going on from nursery plants.

I transplanted my Bronze Smokey Fennel yesterday.
Man was it tedious & time consuming.
Next year I will get one of those long planters they have at Menards.
I hope they survive transplant as delicate as they are.

Back