• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Hey It's National Peanut Butter And Jelly Day!!

And the official song of the day is:
NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY DAY

Celebrated annually on April 2, it is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. This food holiday is a classic favorite of many. The average American will have eaten over 2000 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by the time they graduate from high school.

Peanut butter was considered a delicacy in the early 1900′s and was only served in New York Citys finest tea rooms. In a May 1896 article published in the Good Housekeeping magazine, a recipe urged homemakers to use a meat grinder to make peanut butter and spread the result on bread. That same year, in June, the culinary magazine Table Talk, published a peanut butter sandwich recipe.

It is thought to be that the first reference of peanut butter paired with jelly on bread, to be published in the United States, was by Julia Davis Chandler in 1901. In the late 1920′s the price of peanut butter declined and the sandwich became very popular with children.

According to the Peanut Board, during World War II, both peanut butter and jelly were part of the United States soldiers military ration list.

In 1998, The J.M. Smucker Co. introduced Goober, a jarred product which combined alternating vertical stripes of peanut butter and jelly.

Today may be a good day to try something outside the box.
Following are a few ideas to help you out!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Donuts
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Fudge
NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY DAY HISTORY

Our research was unable to find the creator and the origin of National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, an unofficial national holiday.

Now let's see those Samiches, with some spice of course ;)
Here's mine

Creamy or Chunky?

I like both but the rest of the family likes creamy so....

E56C725B-48CC-4DC9-A1C0-03BCDD6E4ABB_zps4gpvuu9u.jpg

Yep, that's Micks Ghost Pepper Jelly, yum!

A good smear on each slice

A8B99671-0D24-461D-8F79-CB218F1D09D0_zpsdlzeyyaj.jpg

PB&J, it's what's for lunch. Today!

31056B65-1E82-40D6-A48B-60B7C60D66D3_zpsidaqas4x.jpg

Yeah Baby!

Awesome RM.

I was thinkin' a while back of having a peanut butter PBJ SOTM but I reckoned ever body would post the same sammich.

I will say that peanut butter and onions is most excellent. 

Some doctors from Chicago that I guided flyfishing in Alaska turned me on to that.

Like it...........especially the pepper jelly part.

Bill you're little light handed with the jelly.....afraid to get it on the shirt...... :lol: ....should be oozing out the lid when slammed shut.

Back