• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Hey Texas Blues popper pics!!

Well I didnt have much on hand but I made due with what I had
They are a simple combo of cream cheese and a southwestern style cheese mix wrapped in a toone of bacon..Next time ill go shopping and get really creative.Either way turned out really good

Picture145.jpg

Picture143.jpg

my mouth is watering...those look delicious...

CP, I'm glad Mr. Pepper Dillo went to a good home, and he looks quite happy. Shipping that 'thang was a small miracle. My second attempt at shipping, it got sent back with the box crushed and opened. Perhaps the ninncompoops at the post office thought it was going to be used for enriching weapons grade nuclear materials...although...that might not be a bad guess if you think about it. The poppers look beautiful! I could eat 'em all!

Cheers, TB.

yea they look good & I'd have to say CP thought they looked good too! since theres 1 missing from the 2nd picture :lol: ya just couldnt wait could ya ? :lol:

looks del---ici----ous! I am going to make some tonight...halved longways...cream cheese/shredded cheddar wrapped in bacon and baked...can't wait for that treat!:onfire:

Armadillo...don't know if they have 'dillos where you are but they somehow symbolize Texas all the way baby! Then there is that King of Texas icons....the Longhorn! Hook 'em horns!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Armadillo...don't know if they have 'dillos where you are but they somehow symbolize Texas all the way baby! Then there is that King of Texas icons....the Longhorn! Hook 'em horns!

Cheers, TB.

Never been to Texas but saw them in Florida and southern Alabama. Around Lake Constance there are no 'dillos.

those look awesome; the things i remember about the one and only time i went to texas were:
1.) steak comes in everything, even the salads
2.) people are between 6' & 10' tall, (most of them are 10' tall)
3.) if you are under 6' tall, people dont see you, so look out
4.) everyone drives a truck or a camaro/firebird, or both at the same time
5.) when you have the last name Young, you get the "you sure are young" joke, everywhere you have to show your I.D.
6.) there was steak in everything.... i know i already said it, but man did i enjoy eating all that steak
seriously though, those look like they were wicked tasty...

Sid03SVT said:
those look awesome; the things i remember about the one and only time i went to texas were:
1.) steak comes in everything, even the salads
2.) people are between 6' & 10' tall, (most of them are 10' tall)
3.) if you are under 6' tall, people dont see you, so look out
4.) everyone drives a truck or a camaro/firebird, or both at the same time
5.) when you have the last name Young, you get the "you sure are young" joke, everywhere you have to show your I.D.
6.) there was steak in everything.... i know i already said it, but man did i enjoy eating all that steak
seriously though, those look like they were wicked tasty...

I'd like to see someone drive a truck and a Camaro at the same time... :party: I believe that can only happen in Texas...

Well, but a salad without steak? This is not a vegan forum!

Armadillo said:
I'd like to see someone drive a truck and a Camaro at the same time... :party: I believe that can only happen in Texas...

Well, but a salad without steak? This is not a vegan forum!

Vegans. Vegetarians. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Eventually....they all eat chicken.

Cheers,TB.

Back