• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hi All !! New to this forum.

lostmind said:
Chilinut, your plants look amazing! When did you start them?

Lostmind, I started germinating around the first of March and grew them inside in a 2 foot by 4 foot closet under 8, 4 foot flourecent growlux bulbs for about a month then moved them outside to my greenhouse that I kept heated until May. They looked awesome healthy until this cloudy cold snap hit a couple weeks back and now all the growing tips on the Chinese varieties are very pale yellow. I'm hoping it's just a lack of sunlight and they will green up as soon as they get a few days of sun.

Just noticed the first fruits though on a Red Savina and one of the Naga Morich plants. The Purple Jalapeno, Tiburon and Cherry Bomb plants have several peppers on them, some over an inch long already.

I would think your makeshift greenhouse would keep some warmth in there but I think you are probably right that the reduced light through the poly doesn't help things with the lack of sunshine we've had around here.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Welcome from a fellow Canadian!!rainbowberry..Does being normal involve being sober???

LOL, I think after reading some posts it's the other way round. Look at the drinking one, sober is abnormal.

I think I am going to have to break down and setup a little grow area in my garage or storage room. Just have to convince the wife, which may be hard as she doesn't enjoy spicey food much :)

Still your plants look great and make me jealous!

Sweet and mild peppers are available.
On a side note. I have a lot of volunteers chili plants coming up all over the place.
I thought you all (y'all in american) said that the frozen seeds wouldn't come up.

Back