Hi from kentucky

My brother lived in Clarksville until just recently. They haven't sold their home there.

FWIW, if you could find a couple of decent plants, you should have time to grow a few pods before the frost comes. I didn't get my plants out until the middle of June last year and harvested about 400 grams of dehydrated pods.

Mike

Greetings from Louisville!!

Going across the border for fireworks eh?;)

I would invite you to drive up here, but none of mine are ripe yet.

Hey Anti welcome from virginia.I can send you seeds but not plants right now.Kinda on medical leave with burns.Can help you for next year but have a great one this year. Rich

antimatter said:
Hey I'm headed to clarksville tn, sunday. Was wondering if anyone knows where to find some of the superhot chilis there? I can't seem to find anything hotter than a jalapeno here. And they are the mild super market types. Every now and then I can get some good orange habs, but I really would like to try something hotter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have found that in Kentucky you have to hit three or four spots to find all the varieties of peppers you wish to grow. However, I have never found anything hotter than a Red Savina. The super super hots will get here in time once they trickle there way throughout the United States. The extreme hots are still rather new to the market in large scale but will be here in time. Until then it's seeds only. It's to late this year to put down Savina's but if you want the name and number of a couple places that have them every year just send me a message and I will get that info for ya. I am not exactly sure how far they are from you but they are located in the lake cumberland area.

Welcome from Fort Worth

Wow thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

We got back this morning early. Had a great trip. We ate, we drank, and we told stories of chili parties past. Generaly had a blast.

The hottest fresh peppers we found were some nice orange habs. So we got a bunch of those and cooked several meals with them. Made a nice pot of hot chili. We also made a chinese dish called "water cooked beef". That one caused a lot of excitment. We had everyone out in the yard due to pepper gas cloud, lol. People walking down the street even commented on it!

Also had some luck at a tomato stand of all things. We found some cayenne pepper plants, jalapeno pepper plants, and a plant that had a tag that said - "Caribbean Red Habanero" ??? I wasn't sure what I had, and still not real sure. I googled it and it seems to be something between an orange hab and a red savina on the heat scale. I'm hoping this one will be good. Even if it's not we got 4 plants for a dollar :) I got 4 of the red caribbeans and 4 jalapenos. My brother got 4 red caribbeans and 4 cayennes.

All in all a good time and found peppers :)

southern-pepper - Lake cumberland is probably 3 or 4 hours from me. It's still a drive I would take for peppers though. I'll pm you soon.

hixs - I hope you get to feeling better soon. Sorry to hear about that. I'd like it if we could trade some seeds. I could send you some from the plants I bought. Still looking for some of the super hots myself.

cheezydemon - thanks for the invite. Maybe we can meet and trade peppers later when we both have some nice rip ones.

Whew, long post. Time to go read about how not to kill these plants :)

Back