Hi, I'm LoneWolf from Italy

I would be most interested in your Naga Morich taste report. All that I have given both NM and Red Savina (RS) to say that the NM is by FAR the HOTTEST

bluelytes said:
I would be most interested in your Naga Morich taste report. All that I have given both NM and Red Savina (RS) to say that the NM is by FAR the HOTTEST

I can vouch for that statement!

T

I couldn't yet taste Naga Morich (I sowed late when I could purchase the seeds, so my plants have pods at a very early stage, I expect mature pods within a month).

However I tasted Dorset Naga (from PeppersByPost) and Bih Jolokia (directly from Assam, India).

Both are very very hot, but it's really difficult to say if they are really hot twice a Red Savina.

I think that these varieties score so high level of pungency in HPLC tests not only for the high concentration of capsaicin, but mostly because when the whole pod is used for testing they are advantaged by an high amount of placenta, few seeds and thin skin; this obviously leads to higher percentage of capsaicin on the pod.

This means that if you taste a predefined amount of fruit (for example 1 cm square of placenta) you get sensations and heat quite similar ...

I wrote an article on this argument and about all the story of this varieties (From Naga Jolokia to Dorset Naga) on www.peperonciniamoci.it , but it's in italian; hope I'll be able to translate it in English as soon as possible ...

Back