Hi my name is Dale and I'm interested in talking Chilli sauce making

Hi! And what is your go to recipe? I'm trying different ways for few months now, I'm in the mids of fermentation, few jars with different chilies and sweet peppers from supermarket, garlic, ginger and thyme... For now it's just "throw some inside, mix it and watch what happens" recipe. I usually blend fermented ones together with some fruit (I did banana and I did american blueberry, didn't like the second one too much but hot sauce is hot sauce, so I almost finished it already) and salt, add some vinegar (not new, the one from those fermented peppers, the rest I usually add to new jar to start it faster) then put in new jars and cook for 15 minutes.
I always see comments in videos that fermented sauces are everybody's go to, long to do and amazing taste. But I kinda liked one with roasted peppers more... Don't want to say anything yet tho, have to try more.

Last edited:
Hi, my last one was very simple. Pureed scotch bonnets and apocalypse red in organic cider vinegar added to organic passata with salt sugar and paprika. No thrills but tasted great, 60 bottles at 100ml.

Last edited:
I try to put some sweet peppers and fruits instead of sugar, kinda hate it now. And I was the one laughing at people talking shit about sugar but omg, how much energy I gained by not eating it...

Sorry to hear this. I'm still experimenting, I've just received 200gm of organic bhut jolokia from India and looking forward to the next batch,as a craft ale fan I'm thinking a nice curry flavoured dipping sauce in reduced tropical ipa. We grew alot of our own in the polytunnel but the hotter chilli was hard to ripen here in Ireland

...as a craft ale fan
Say it ain't so! In my mind, the last sanctuary of real beer was Ireland, home of my beloved Guinness Stout. It saddens me greatly to hear the "cat piss on a pine tree" swill called craft beer has invaded its lands. My fantasy is shattered.😞

Oh, and welcome to THP.

Last edited:
Back