• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

HID Lamp

Today I finally broke down and made a purchase to help me with year round indoor gardening. I have been using Verilux 2' 20W 6280K lights. They seem to work ok to get things goin, but after doin some research I ordered myself a Powerhouse Convertible Halide / Sodium 400 Watt DayStar Reflector Plant Grow Light System. It was a pretty hefty price, but I think it'll be worth it as I live in Central Michigan and the outdoor growing season here is fairly short. Can't wait till it gets here! Has anyone heard of this system?

ExtremeBurn said:
Today I finally broke down and made a purchase to help me with year round indoor gardening. I have been using Verilux 2' 20W 6280K lights. They seem to work ok to get things goin, but after doin some research I ordered myself a Powerhouse Convertible Halide / Sodium 400 Watt DayStar Reflector Plant Grow Light System. It was a pretty hefty price, but I think it'll be worth it as I live in Central Michigan and the outdoor growing season here is fairly short. Can't wait till it gets here! Has anyone heard of this system?

can u cancel the order?..lol

pm sent

BamsBBQ said:
can u cancel the order?..lol

pm sent

Hey thanks man! I actually got a pretty amazing deal on the one I have ordered though, it's just more than I thought I'd spend on lights lol. My buddy works at a hydro shop and he hooked me up. I might just buy the one on craigs list as well seeing how cheap it is! Thanks for lookin!

ExtremeBurn said:
Hey thanks man! I actually got a pretty amazing deal on the one I have ordered though, it's just more than I thought I'd spend on lights lol. My buddy works at a hydro shop and he hooked me up. I might just buy the one on craigs list as well seeing how cheap it is! Thanks for lookin!

i use to live in Flint not too long ago and this guy always has grow lights... he gets them at different auctions around there

and for $25 for a 400w, u cant go wrong.lol

BamsBBQ said:
i use to live in Flint not too long ago and this guy always has grow lights... he gets them at different auctions around there

and for $25 for a 400w, u cant go wrong.lol

For sure dude, that's pretty nuts! haha I'm def gonna look into it. That's cool that you use to live in Flint Town! Is the growing season about the same where you live now?

Gary18 said:
that sound good you will need the vent for sure

yeah for sure, that whole room is dedicated for gardening. i can't wait for it to come in, i'm pretty excited! where the hell would someone use a 1000W? Would that be used commercially or something?

aye i would think 1000w is used for big prductions and probaly the ilegal type of growing i dont no where abouts you are but here if you were useing thousands of watts of lights you would be found by the police chopper with a ir cam

Gary18 said:
aye i would think 1000w is used for big prductions and probaly the ilegal type of growing i dont no where abouts you are but here if you were useing thousands of watts of lights you would be found by the police chopper with a ir cam

haha... that'd be some shit! i'll stick to the legals! hahaha

Gary18 said:

nah here(michigan) there are grow houses being busted all the time but not for power consumption..lol

Gary18 said:
what are they geting busted for then ?

"vacate houses" with foot traffic... people who didnt like them...lol

as long as you pay your power bill, the power company doesnt really care how much power you use... i used a 400 watt hps in one room for my fruit bearing plants. in another room i had all my cfl's set up for a germination room and fresh herbs like basil and cilantro - total with both rooms was somewhere around 800watts.....

caroltlw said:
hey, maybe they sell those at the police auctions of confiscated property etc???

seeing as Michigan has such a great economy..lol

last year there were a few greenhouses that went out of business and in one auction alone there were over 200 HID lights for sale

caroltlw said:
hey, maybe they sell those at the police auctions of confiscated property etc???

i have never even thought about goin to auctions to buy this kinda stuff but it's a damn good idea! u could make a ton of money reselling the stuff.

Back