• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

High voltage

So I go to work today and it seems like right when I get there there whole place starts going wacky,... after some time a few of the machines just stop working all together, no power no nothing. After a little troubleshooting I find that there is no voltage going to the machines. That can only mean one of two things either the fuses in the bus from the switch gear room are blown or there is no incoming power to the switch gear room from the city. so I figure its probably the fuses... which means I had to put on the high voltage suit and get in the man lift and check them out. It was pretty darn scary in that suit checking the bus bar all I could think about was arc flash... I mean Im in and 8 cal suit but still... well it wound up being the fuses. just thought i would share some from my day...

Oh here is a pic of me in the HV suit.
1c7983c6.jpg

I have the 8 cal suit on top of my normal 4 cal work clothes high voltage helmet 1000 volt gloves with leather gloves over them, and a non-conductive safety harness... Im gonna tell ya it is freaking hot in that suit, its like wearing 6 layers of denim in a 90 degree plant...

So is that for your pepper grow?
All those yellow containers are ferts etc. for your Greenhouse/Hydro Grow?
Must be a BIG grow to need all that stuff.

If that suit is protection for the juice your greenhouse uses.
I'd think you need a nastier one to harvest pods and an even nastier one to de seed pods...

I hate seeing what you need to wear in the drying room. Must be tons of pods in there. :)

for those that dont know what an arc flash is
http://www.youtube.c...Im7PLduwc#t=71s

Ive seen one arc flash since I have been in the field Im in.

So is that for your pepper grow?
All those yellow containers are ferts etc. for your Greenhouse/Hydro Grow?
Must be a BIG grow to need all that stuff.

If that suit is protection for the juice your greenhouse uses.
I'd think you need a nastier one to harvest pods and an even nastier one to de seed pods...

I hate seeing what you need to wear in the drying room. Must be tons of pods in there. :)

LOL

Back