• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Shipping is the killer.  I picked up some more 5 ounce bottles and then some 10 ounce bottles.  I believe a 10 ounce bottle will last me 2 weeks as the 5 ounce I have at work is a week opened and has one day left in it.

My next thing to figure out is getting a good base for yellow hot peppers.  I have the red figured out (not tomatoes) but need to come up with a recipe for my MoA, TS Yellow, and Fatalii that I like and are different enough they don't taste the same.  My first attempt at sauce making I used plums as the base and used way too many of them.  Also need a brown sauce made with my chocolate cayennes, but that can wait lol.
I would love to see if you come up with something that you like. I have a bunch of yellow Bhuts that I would like to make a sauce with.

I giving a 1 gallon small batch a shot today with yellow morugas and cantalope,I will keep ya posted if it turns out. ;)
2014-09-27 002.JPG

Too small to be the TS Mustard, IDK
Devv said:
Mas poddage!

Just damn!

I will be saving seeds out of this guy to see what it throws out next year at me.  Its sister plant is throwing out the same kinds of pods only peach in color.  Truly has me scratching my head.  It is either a cross or a revert.  Got the seeds from Matt and I didn't see where he grew anything like these.
Thinking about maybe trying the Petit Marseillais pepper next year.  Just sticking the name here so I won't forget it.  

Roatan Pumpkin Habanero

PaulG said:
Looking great, Jeff.  101 page glog - you are in the elite stratosphere, my friend   :cool:

Roatan Pumpkin Habanero seeds?  Let me know.

Do you really like em?  If they are really nice, I plan on giving them a go next year in the hab bed

Figuring on trying to get 2 gallons of jigsaw sauce the next time I make it.  By my calculations, I am going to need 60 smoked jigsaws for this project.  I got em in the freezer, probably double that counting the ones I need to pick.  Not bad production coming from one plant.  Will probably grow two plants next season just in case one has issues.

What kind of mushrooms are those?  They look just awesome.
We mostly hunted for morels in E. Oregon.

The Roatan Pumpkins are habaneros, through and through.
I think the JA Red Habanero is the best of the lot.  I like growing these
because I brought the seeds back from Roatan and nobody else
around here has them   ;)  I'm not a good judge of heat and flavor.  
It's hot, and tastes like a chinense.

Nice pictures of the mushroom.  Hen of the woods?  Got me thinking that I need to get out and do some shroom hunting, as we have had a few good rains, and the weather is getting cooler.

Now is about the time to get out and find some lobsters and maybe a Matsutake or Chanterelle. 

PaulG said:
What kind of mushrooms are those?  They look just awesome.
We mostly hunted for morels in E. Oregon.

The Roatan Pumpkins are habaneros, through and through.
I think the JA Red Habanero is the best of the lot.  I like growing these
because I brought the seeds back from Roatan and nobody else
around here has them   ;)  I'm not a good judge of heat and flavor.  
It's hot, and tastes like a chinense.

They are sheepshead mushrooms.  Excellent fried in garlic buttter.
bpwilly said:
Nice pictures of the mushroom.  Hen of the woods?  Got me thinking that I need to get out and do some shroom hunting, as we have had a few good rains, and the weather is getting cooler.

Now is about the time to get out and find some lobsters and maybe a Matsutake or Chanterelle. 

Yeah, hen of the woods, sheepshead, maitake, all the same mushroom.  Quite tasty.

Back