• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hogleg gets Twispted

More shennanigan pics from New Years night. 

Holy sheeeit, what a night. Tequila, HHWiskey, Wine, Rum, and other "recreational influences"...

So much fun. So much fun.

Started with some pulling of pork. 9 hours at 225º. I was worried about regulating the smoker with the outdoor temp at 12º but it was actually easier than in summer. It stayed at 225º-235º perfectly for 9 hours. 40/40/20 Apple, Cherry, Hickory. Came out great. CJ made her Alabama white BBQ sauce, and some HOT SPICY Collard greens, and I made my speciall BBQ Smoked Beans with Red Savina. It was said that "Scovies beans are like love in my mouth" but I am not saying any names. CJ's Collard greens were a hit with everyone too.

View attachment 17141

Look at the juicinext. LOOK AT IT!!!
View attachment 17144

SL.... with a bone... That's all Imonna say about that...
View attachment 17146

My turn.
View attachment 17143

View attachment 17142

View attachment 17140

RE-WINE!!!!!
View attachment 17145

Let the festivities begin...
View attachment 17137

Anyone figure out what a "Hogleg" is?
View attachment 17139

View attachment 17138

Happy New year to everyone. We had a blast and hope you did too. 

Hogleg getting hogleegged,nice.

Glad all had a great time,WE had a very nice Newyears also.

unnamed3_zps221a68c6.jpg

oh, we ain't done yet!!!!

Tomorrow night it's at the salsafamily's house!

Alfredo, biscuits and gravy...some other goodies I can't post yet as that would ruin the surprise!

hank look yall gave him some of that hogleg. 

So hogleg,which state has better legal smoke? Cali or where ever it is scov lives.

sicman said:

So hogleg,which state has better legal smoke? Cali or where ever it is scov lives.
how about the state of confusion?   :lol:

Hogleg went shopping at Fresh Greens.......yea...not kale, that's for sure!  :lol:

Tell Hank his vest shrunk. 

sicman said:

What, are you trying to get me in trouble??? I'll answer that when i'm back home. :rofl:

teaser~~~

One for the cook, just to get things started! 
IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4076.JPG

Note- there's a secret ingredient barely visible in one picture that will be a hint of something else I'm making. 
:D

I'm lookin' SL!!! I'll find it!!!!! :D

Meanwhile...about 7 miles up the road.....there's Penejos bein' poured up in heyah!!!!!!!! 

Lawd Hep Me Now! ;)

Ooooh...and save me a sip of that Hab cider, will ya?!?! ;)

(and I think I found the hint maybe?!?!)

Back