• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Hot Cayanne

Looking for a hot cayanne sauce that lets the taste of the cayanne come through - even if it has an extract.

Any suggestions?

extract will minimize the cayenne flavor, start searching all the louisania style sauce for the best taste.
theres some louisania styles that are cayenne & habanero sauces, I'd think would be a better option than extract to keep a cayenne flavor you want & have heat to it.

chilehunter said:
extract will minimize the cayenne flavor, start searching all the louisania style sauce for the best taste.
theres some louisania styles that are cayenne & habanero sauces, I'd think would be a better option than extract to keep a cayenne flavor you want & have heat to it.

Any brands come to mind?  I have tried Blair's Death Sauce which has cayenne and habanero, but I can't taste the cayanne.

There's a sauce called Pure Cayenne,can't remember who it's made by,but,it's a very basic sauce:cayenne,salt and vinegar. Great stuff. Another good one is Gator Hammock:Gator Sauce. Both allow the cayenne to really shine through

grimmpepper said:
There's a sauce called Pure Cayenne,can't remember who it's made by,but,it's a very basic sauce:cayenne,salt and vinegar. Great stuff. Another good one is Gator Hammock:Gator Sauce. Both allow the cayenne to really shine through

cajohns makes a cayenne sauce like that

ajcstr said:

Any brands come to mind?  I have tried Blair's Death Sauce which has cayenne and habanero, but I can't taste the cayanne.

I've had serveral brands that had cayenne in it plus other hotter chiles. do I remember every brand...nope! sorry.
though I can tell you those sauces that had other hotter chiles (or extract) in the sauce & had cayenne in it, I couldnt taste the cayenne.

I recently had Race City SauceWorks Cayenne - it's tremendous. One of my favorite sauces now. It has a huge cayenne flavor/Louisiana-style sauce, with roasted black pepper (which is righteous in the sauce) - I cannot recommend this enough for people who like a snappy Cayenne sauce. :cheers: 

I believe it's "Carolina Cayenne" 

Back