• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hot Pepper Podcast

Well, I was sitting around the house this morning with nothing to do and it got me to thinking, I did a Google search for "Hot pepper podcasts" and came up with a handful of results. One of them titled "There are hot peppers, like the jalapeno. And then there are incendiary, thermonuclear peppers. Like the legendary habenero." Now, I dont know about you but if you've ever eaten a superhot, this makes you chuckle a little. So, I was wondering if I started a podcast showcasing what I grow and invite THP users on, would you come on the show? It'd be a good way to draw attention to the forum as well as the individuals that populate it, not to mention (but i'll mention) your sauces.

I'd love to listen to it. I listen to a lot of podcasts and it would be great to have one focused on hot peppers. I think there are many different avenues you could explore as well, mirroring the site. For example, some podcasts on cooking with hot peppers, some on what different ones taste like, others on gardening tips and growing, including hydroponic, or starting seeds indoors. You could also do some hotsauce podcasts, including methodology, fermenting, bottling, etc. As far as the interviews, I think some interviews with some of the veteran growers on this site would be great to listen to. I think it would be a great idea and I'd subscribe to it for sure!

A while back I went in search of such a podcast. I did not find anything acceptable in my opinion. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking it anyway.
Keep us updated on the follow-through of this one.
Very interested indeed.

Suggestion: call it "Set the world on fire" :onfire:

I wonder if i'll get in trouble for playing "Set The World On Fire" by the InkSpots as the intro.

Hmmmm. Don't know that one but now that ya mention it I guess I did get the name from Annihilator's song, clearly of the same name.

Try it. If ya get sued just point at someone else. hehe. Who can we blame, who can we blame? :rofl:

Amazing how people share the same thoughts.

I also looked for pepper related podcasts not too long ago and was a bit dissappointed at the meager selection.

I commute to work and spend about an hour and a half per day listening to podcasts, so hell yeah I'd listen to a peppercast!

The latest episode is up!

Episode 003 - Double Feature Interview with Ed Currie and Pepper Joe, and Brian & Marilyn Meagher of Hot Sauce Daily

First, I speak with Brian & Marilyn Meagher of HotSauceDaily.com and HotSauceWeekly.com, and discuss briefly the history of their site and podcast, what they think of hot sauce reviewing in general, and attending fiery foods events. Then I chat with Ed Currie of PuckerButtPepperCompany.com and Pepper Joe of PepperJoe.com about the release of the HP22B Chile Pepper AKA the Carolina Reaper Pepper, which is a contender for the Hottest Chile Pepper in the World. Plus, I review Captain Thom's Thai Monkey Sauce.

You can learn more about it on the Official Weekly Firecast page at http://www.2guystalking.com/firecast/.

You can listen or subscribe at the link above or go to the iTunes link here: https://itunes.apple...rts/id555880274

Back