• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Hot Raw Honey... Oh my...

Just thought I would throw these out there, 1 gallon raw honey with infused ghost and trinidad scorpion peppers.
Took a ball park stab at the heat it would create. The jar is going in a 150 F tank of hot water for two days with
a stir every now and then to spread the heat around. Are there any folks interested in this product, in one
pound of quart jars ?

hothoney4.jpg

hothoney3.jpg

hothoney1.jpg

hothoney5.jpg

hothoney6.jpg

Who is that scary dude in the helmet anyway ?

helmetf.jpg

Rhody...

that honey is soOOOOOO good! i eat some every morning, and its almost gone! have you tried the hot stuff?

I saw hot raw honey and thought this post was about me for a second... :party: :rofl:

Eric,

Not yet it has to cook and absorb the pepper heat for two days and be stirred inbetween before we taste it to see if we have a winner, hot honey that is (sorry sam, it's about the sweet).

Edit: 4 pm, just stopped and snuck a taste, two thumbs up, even my buddy who sells honey liked it, and he hates hot food, maybe we have a winner here will discuss more after a two day soak, then after straining the pepper bits out.

Rhody...

Back