• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Hot sauce bottles

Well, I checked out fillmorecontainer and the cost for 1 case (12 bottles) of 8 oz. woozy's, 12 caps, and shrink wrap came out to around $14.00. We decided to go with U.S.Priority mail cause it was cheaper than UPS or Fed Ex. The shipping charge was $46.80 with a $3.50 packing/handleing fee included. They also wanted an additional $20.00 to take it to the post office. :shame: Will try "specialty" and see what they quote, but looks like I'm gonna be goin to the liquor store!

Just checked with Specialty Bottle and they charge about the same (approx. $14.00) for the bottles, caps and wrap, but only charge $18.35 for U.S. Piority for a total of $31.99. That's $2.66 per bottle. I can live with that I guess. Price you have to pay for living in paradise. Or I could just go down to the liquor store! :think:

Check here too: http://www.freundcontainer.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_5014B36_A_ss_E_hot+sauce

The way I see it the best deal on 10 woozy bottles for me is to simply go to the store and buy 10 Tapatio bottles at 99 cents a piece then dump sauce and remove labels in boiling water and viola! The shipping just kills on any of those sites!

If anyone is using recycled Trappey's/Tapatios (or whatever) I strongly suggest getting new caps from Specialty bottle, or wherever. The caps should be minimal for shipping. You can't sanitize caps that have a plastic liner.

Also, check out the Dollar Stores for bottled hot sauces to dump out and re-use. Or dump the sauce into a larger jar/bottle and donate to the church potluck, school concession stand, community dinner....

Back