• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot Sauce Recommendations

Texas Blues, I agree! And that's my goal. But a lil lady has to taste what's out there before she ventures out on her own. I'll get there and more comfortable with my sauces.

Send me some of your creations, baby.

Check out habareo/pina recipe's here on thp.

Gecko Gary's

From the site:
"Gecko Gary's Thai Juan On™

Double Scovie Award Winner!! 2003

Where East meets Southwest. Thai Juan On is a Yin blend of Thai peppers and a Yang blast of Habaneros. Add soy sauce, lime, a blend of curry spices and Zen your taste buds will be happy. It's Karma Buena. Thai Chile, Red Jalapeno, Fresh Habanero, White Vinegar, Fresh Garlic, Salt, Sugar, Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, Curry Spice."

Marie Sharp's (white label) is my everyday sauce. I lived with some Belizians in College and they swore by it... I pretty much do too.
May parents were vacationing back and forth for a few years in Belize and would bring me back bottles of the stuff to hold me over between their visits before it was in the U.S. -

other honaorable mentions
Fat Kid Sauces, CaJohns

Of the sauces I have tried my favourite companies at this stage are:

The Hippy Seed Company (AUS)
The Chilli Factory (AUS)
Doyle's Hot Ass Chilli Sauce ( http://shop.ebay.com.au/doyleshotasschillisauce/ ) - still low-key but they're getting bigger slowly :) (AUS)

of the sauces (companies) I am most keen to try at the moment would be

Heartbreaking Dawns (USA)
Defcon (USA)
Scorpion Chilli (AUS)

And I agree, I intend on converting much of my produce (when I have produce) next season into awesome sauce to last me all year :) I might even get enough to start selling some as I was hoping to get quite a few plants to try out next time but they're all planned to be high producers. Looking forward to that!

Chili Beer Hot Sauce is one of my all time favorites, tastes really fresh and is all natural. I think it's only 20 bucks plus shipping for 6 bottles too!

http://www.chilibeer.com/index2.htm

I have a great idea for you Marcie. Make the trip to Peppers at the Beach, at Rehoboth, DE May 20-22 and meet a bunch of great hot sauce makers and the rest of us. There are lots of great things to do there. Like eat everything hot, go to the beach, and drink like a fish.

Yeah, many thanks to everyone that responded!

Ordered from Salsa Lady, Heartbreaking Dawns, got a 6 pack of those sauces from the Belize via Amazon... and tonight I'll probably go ahead and put in a Defcon order.

Hmm. I'll put some thought into it. Looooong drive for spicy food with strangers, though.

Hey! Got home today and was surprised by a package from Salsalady and Heartbreaking Dawns!

I've opened up both packages, done a bit of tasting, and am AMPED UP. Love 'em so far (but have yet to try them on food!)

I'll try out writing reviews and post what I think within a day or two.

Heartbreaking Dawns sent me a brownie which I'm excited to try and Salsalady stepped it up SUPER SWEETIE STYLE and also sent me some hot BBQ sauce and some dip mix! Too nice!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Hey Marcie, (got the spelling right this time!:) )

Glad the package arrived all o-kay. Hope you enjoy the sauces. Thanks for the order. Johnny and Nicole make some great sauces, for sure!

If you have a chance to get to the Rehoboth festival...GO!

+3 to Defcon and Justaguy, you won't be among strangers, and you've already met many of them online here at THP. You will be among friends and will easily connect with the real people behind the online names.

We had a Northwest Chileheads festival last year....(okay, so it was a few folks who got together via the THP forum.....) but we had fun, ate a lot of hot chiles and foods, and everyone felt like they already knew each other from our online postings. It was a TON of fun and we are looking to do it again this year.

Salsakid and I traveled 5 hours one-way to go to the party and had to get overnight lodgings....so no excuses about being too far away. ;) GO FOR IT! :D

Hey Marcie, (got the spelling right this time!:) )

Glad the package arrived all o-kay. Hope you enjoy the sauces. Thanks for the order. Johnny and Nicole make some great sauces, for sure!

If you have a chance to get to the Rehoboth festival...GO!

+3 to Defcon and Justaguy, you won't be among strangers, and you've already met many of them online here at THP. You will be among friends and will easily connect with the real people behind the online names.

We had a Northwest Chileheads festival last year....(okay, so it was a few folks who got together via the THP forum.....) but we had fun, ate a lot of hot chiles and foods, and everyone felt like they already knew each other from our online postings. It was a TON of fun and we are looking to do it again this year.

Salsakid and I traveled 5 hours one-way to go to the party and had to get overnight lodgings....so no excuses about being too far away. ;) GO FOR IT! :D

+1

El Yucateco xxxtra hot Kutbil-ik Mayan Style. Awesome smoky flavor and decent heat. Still the best hot sauce I've ever had, it's great in chili, queso blanco, tacos, just about any kind of Mexican food. It's very cheap too, only about $2 a bottle.

^ El Yucateco xxxtra hot is great as a burger topping as well. I drenched one yesterday using the sauce like it was ketchup. Best burger I've ever had.

True Story.

El Yucateco Mayan-Style!! I bring cases of that stuff back from Texas when I visit family.

I also like El Yucateco that others recommend.
Mike
Wow i got the reg El Yucateco from walmart and loved it so i looked into it and found the El Yucateco Kutbil-Ik so i ordered a few bottles and WOW 100% awesomeness!!

Alright, I'm looking for recommendations on personal favorites.

I browsed through the 2010 THP winners and selected and ordered few that sounded awesome (HOLLA @ SALSALADY). I think I'm gonna try some things from Heartbreaking Dawns and DEFCON as well. Any other sauce makers here that sell and are worth trying? Looking for recommendations on what to get from them.

And other sauces that are great and you wanna suggest, too.

I'd be happy to send you a sample of Trinimike's Original and would enjoy your review...whataya say?

Back