• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hot Sauce Sites

sweatnspice

Banned
Alright guys, what are some of your favorite hot sauces sites (retail sites) and why? I'm working on a re-design and want to hear what you guys are looking for...

the first one i ever found was firebreath dot com ( i think he is a member here) funny thing i found fire breath on google or something ...bought alot of stuff from his site and then meet him here. i got to get the exact name but there is a hot sauce distributor here in north carolina that i went and bought a bunch of stuff from a while ago i got to look around the warehouse....i was like a kid in a candy store....pyropepper.com i think. but the actual going to the warehouse was a treat...more personal...more than just a faceless person on a website.

sweatnspice said:
Alright guys, what are some of your favorite hot sauces sites (retail sites) and why? I'm working on a re-design and want to hear what you guys are looking for...

We haven't ordered any hot sauces online in quite a while, but I believe our last 2 orders came from pyropepper.com and from peppers.com. Both have a big selection at good prices, which is pretty much what it's all about. I do like seeing pictures of the bottles, when possible, and ingredients are a plus.

- J

My favourite retailer is one that carries my sauces for easy sale to our American customers. Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

T.

I've always been a print-catalog fan.

I have a small stack here, and I am ALWAYS thumbing through them. I guess it's the closest thing I have to a Encyclopedia of hot sauces. They get used a LOT, and some have been here a couple years. I find them much easier to browse than a web site.

Examples... Well, I kind of like the layout and feel of MoHotta MoBetta's site. But I hate having to click-click-click just read something. Their print catalog is much better.

Firegirl has a very active review section for their sauces by users. Unfortunately, they're most AOL type reviews. However, sometimes they're funny. But just not useful. Also, her descriptions are all there on one page, but it's kind of ugly, and hard to tell where one sauce starts and ends.

Peppers.com wastes too much space for each sauce, and yet doesn't show a picture, or description, or very many at once. When listing sauces that way, squish them together like a spreadsheet and put as many as possible on one page.

Insane Chicken has what I like for descriptions, number-per-page is high, and big pictures. Probably kills his bandwidtch too, but it is what I like.

yeah yeah yeah. it's not too far off now, it's just the minor details need tweaking. Just need 10 more hours in a day...

Back