• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

hottest sauce in the world...

you get the bad tasting extracts when Oleoresin Cap. is used...it has a chemical almost skunky type flavor to it. I do not use "traditional" or chemical methods of making my extracts, I've done some serious research and have come up with my own modified technique. So they don't have that chemical taste to them. Now when I make my extract my neighbor thinks I'm setting up a meth lab or something....LOL

stillmanz said:
Extract is taking it to the limit and I'm more than happy to say I don't think it needs to go there. ITs my honest opinion and I'll stand by it for better or worse.
Shame on you Rainbowberry lol I tell you extract won't taste as nice as those scotch bonnets through a salad. lol
Dead right there, Mad Dog 357 to me dosen't even taste like it's been near a chilli, even the smell of it I hate, it smells like something out of the medicine cabinet. I'd rather drink loo water than have that sauce.

rainbowberry said:
Dead right there, Mad Dog 357 to me dosen't even taste like it's been near a chilli, even the smell of it I hate, it smells like something out of the medicine cabinet. I'd rather drink loo water than have that sauce.

Thats exactly what I mean..."it smells like something out of a medicine cabinet" where as the extract that I made doesn't. It has some real flavor and the REAL HEAT.

Dyce51 said:
Thats exactly what I mean..."it smells like something out of a medicine cabinet" where as the extract that I made doesn't. It has some real flavor and the REAL HEAT.

Man, if we ever meet up, you have GOT to let me try some of that!

DEFCON Creator said:
However, an extract that has NO flavor can't taste bad, right?

you are correct! but a extract can also be so fricking hot that its not even enjoyable to eat something with a extract sauce used. so I guess you could say its a catch 22

chilehunter said:
you are correct! but a extract can also be so fricking hot that its not even enjoyable to eat something with a extract sauce used. so I guess you could say its a catch 22

It's called finding a happy medium. It's all in the percentages.

just my two cents i just recently tried the defcon 2 on my wings (make em every sunday) and its great will try the hotter one next time tho, made em with , 357 ,megadeath ,predator,daves,ect... but nothing has the flavor of the defcon or plain franks hot sauce , wing time and anchor bar has some good flavor too .But seems once u get above a certain heat level the flavor is gone

jh35ky123 said:
just my two cents i just recently tried the defcon 2 on my wings (make em every sunday) and its great will try the hotter one next time tho, made em with , 357 ,megadeath ,predator,daves,ect... but nothing has the flavor of the defcon or plain franks hot sauce , wing time and anchor bar has some good flavor too .But seems once u get above a certain heat level the flavor is gone

In about a week we will be unleashing our DM MKII sauce (Deathmatch Mark 2). It was a HUGE hit at the Fiery Foods show in Albuquerque this past weekend. The stuff is extremely hot, but we were able to maintain the flavor. The best part is, it;s almost black (your fears of the dark are now edible). If you're not on the mailing list, shoot me an e-mail thru the website and you'll know the minute it's available.

Hot Canuck said:
...speaking of which, I see you still don't have a Toronto date confirmed yet...is May 24th still a go ???

We had to remove it. It seems a family member is getting married that weekend (No, I'm not happy about it). So we will have to come up with another date.

chilehunter said:
FYI blairs caldera on a hot sauce website is rated 1.5 million - 13 million thats pretty vague with a big price tag!
(LOL the one at the bottom of this forum LOL)

I'm surprised no one explained this, or you didn't find out when you were looking at it.

Caldera isn't 1 hot sauce. It is 3. There are 3 bottles stacked on one another (like a space shuttle). The first bottle is 1-2 mil, the second is 4-6 (I think) and the third is 10-13 mil.

The hottest sauce I use is 3am. 2 mil is good for me. It doesn't taste GOOD, but it certainly doesn't taste BAD either.

I think the worst tasting sauce I ever had was Daves Ultimate Insanity. So disgusting...

DEFCON Creator said:
We had to remove it. It seems a family member is getting married that weekend (No, I'm not happy about it). So we will have to come up with another date.

...well that sucks the big one...:banghead:

What, they can't get married in a pub in Toronto???:cool:

klyth said:
The hottest sauce I use is 3am. 2 mil is good for me. It doesn't taste GOOD, but it certainly doesn't taste BAD either.

Surely that's not classed as a sauce though, even in legal terms. Isn't it an extract?

Back