• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat Hottest Thai pepper?

Hi all! What do you guys recommend for a really hot Thai type pepper? I really like the Super pepper but want something way hotter.

I'm looking at Thai Dragon but am confused because some sellers have it as an heirloom and others have an F1.

Also looking at Thai Super hot. Anybody here ever grow these or have a recomendation?

THANKS!

Matt

Thai Dragon is HOT......F1 is like a Cross.

thai dragon is like on the scale=75,000 - 150,000 units

Also Another Good One

"Birds Eye pepper"

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]The Thai Yellow or Thai Red are hottest I have had[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]thai dragon is like on the scale=[/background]75,000 - 150,000 units

hmmmm maybe some more seeds are in my future. I don't have any Thais in the grow plan plan, but that should change. I love sriracha.

:onfire:

Hi all! What do you guys recommend for a really hot Thai type pepper? I really like the Super pepper but want something way hotter.

I'm looking at Thai Dragon but am confused because some sellers have it as an heirloom and others have an F1.

Also looking at Thai Super hot. Anybody here ever grow these or have a recomendation?

THANKS!

Matt

how hot you want your peppers? since you said " you want something wayy hotter" cause theres alot of Super Hot Peppers Out There

Hi Sick! Just looking for the hottest Thai type pepper. The Thai Dragons I have seen for sale from different seed sellers are advertised as either heirlooms or F1's. That's why I am confused. Is the real Thia Dragon an heirloom or an F1? I don't want to buy the wrong one. Thanks,
Matt

Hi Sick! Just looking for the hottest Thai type pepper. The Thai Dragons I have seen for sale from different seed sellers are advertised as either heirlooms or F1's. That's why I am confused. Is the real Thia Dragon an heirloom or an F1? I don't want to buy the wrong one. Thanks,
Matt

F1=first seasons seeds from that plant,f2 2nd season etc/ which can result as a "Thai Dragon x ?????"

btw where u planning to get your seeds off from?
DONT get your seeds off from ebay/amazon. just saying cause you"ll end up with proly a bell pepper lol...

buy your seeds from a trusty website like i know a couple who sell good seeds like Pepperjoe.com or pepperlover & etc....but idk if they have thai dragon but you might as well spend couple bucks for your bang cause if you wanna get em off ebay/amazon ull end up with something not even close to a thai dragon lol....or check up on members that grow em some will isolate them.
Check up on pepperjoe im pretty sure he will have that type.

or try asking on the boards or members if they have ISOLATED "thai varities or Thai Dragon"​

some will trade/sell/help you out.​

i would help you out but idnt have thai pepper varities...​

good luck. :dance:

or check out joynershotpeppers .....up there that commented he will proly sell you/trade/help you out.

The Hottest Thai chilli you will find is the Prik Ki Nu a C. Frutescens, they grow approx 1.5 inches long by 1/4 inch wide, can be eaten green or red
The plant grows like a bush about 3 - 4 feet high covered in hundreds of chillies.

Hey JR would you take a look at my grow and cast your eye on what I have labeled as Birds eye HTM. But after doing a bit of research I am 95% surd it is actually Prik ki nu. They are pretty hot and it doesn't appear to be an annum

The Hottest Thai chilli you will find is the Prik Ki Nu a C. Frutescens, they grow approx 1.5 inches long by 1/4 inch wide, can be eaten green or red
The plant grows like a bush about 3 - 4 feet high covered in hundreds of chillies.

Agreed, Prik Ki Nu seem to be the hottest Thai's I have grown. From what I understand there are several varieties, Prik Ki Nu Suan, which I grow, tends to stay shorter (18 inches) but up to 3 ft wide.

Some of the Thai Orange and Red have clocked over 300,000 on the scale, I have had many plant blow away my orange habs. I do not think just picking a species means you will get the hottest, so many other factors. The great thing about them, I have not found one that I do not like and they dry awesome!

Still keep one as a house plant.
It has a couple on it all the time, unless I need 2 for something.
Bought off Amazon as "Thai Dragon" in a 6 pack.
One I gave to my brother is wicked evil hot. My 2 survivors turned out loads of hot pods, the outdoor one much more so, but still edible by themselves.
Will be growing them next year, and trying the "Charleston" from Pepper Joe.

i know its an Indian species but it actually could qualify as a Thai

INDIAN PC 1

the Indian military and police used it for teargas until they started using the BHUT JOLOKIA

it is one very hot hybrid and if i didn't miss my guess its the hottest of them all, it was engineered to produce more cap and thus be hotter

thanks your friend Joe

please let me know if you need anything with thai pepper seeds.

i have prik ki nu suan jumbo size ;)

Is there a definitive "dictionary" of Thai peppers somewhere? I never know what to expect when buying any plant with "Thai" in the name.

In my mind there are four basic types that I've seen:

1) Medium-sized _annuum_, broad-based shape a little like a mini-Fresno, fairly thin flesh. I've seen this sold as "Thai dragon".
2) Very long, very skinny, very curly _annuum_, medium heat and pretty much no flavor. I'm getting these this year off a plant that was sold as a "Thai dragon", but they're obviously different from (1).
3) Circa 1"-1.5" pods, pointy, readily available at your finer grocery stores in green form as "Thai Chile". By "finer grocery store" I mean that I stand a good chance of being the only gabacho/farang in the place. :-) I think this is the same cultivar pictured in Wikipedia under "bird's eye chili".
4) Tiny (~1 cm) upright pods with a sort of bullet shape, looks like it could be _frutescens_, seriously hot and with a nice bright flavor. I think these are sometimes sold as "Thai sun" peppers, and I assume they're prik khi nu since, well, they look about the size and shape of a rat turd. (If you have rats that leave anything the size of the other three, I don't want to know about it!) However, I don't think they can be what JungleRain called prik khi nu, based on the size of the pods.

I assume there are lots more chiles in Thailand, but these are the ones I've seen here advertised as Thai. I love #4, whatever it is, but if I don't manage to overwinter my plants I'm worried about whether I'll be able to find more.

-NT

Junglerain Should be fairly informed seeing as I believe he lived in Thailand as well. I got some Prik Luang Chillis off him and they are a bright orange thick fleshed and mildly spiced but extremely tasty pod.

Prik Ki Nu are much bigger then 1cm pods (they aren't huge but they certainly aren't that tiny) Prik Ki Nu by all accounts is more likely number 3 (ntenny) on your list then number 4

i have the following THAI types
ASIAN TYPES BELOW
RED THAI
YELLOW THAI
LARGE YELLOW THAI
ORANGE THAI
BLACK THAI
POINSETTIA (Japanese)
NIPPON TAKA (Japanese)
RAT TURD (Prik Ke Nu)
UCHUTAKI (ORNAMENTAL W/VARIEGATED LEAVES)(Japanese)
GUARI PUT (Korean)mild
THAI DRAGON
NYSTYANCI
PURPLE NAGA JOLOKIA
KERATING (Indonesian)
INDIAN SILK

GOATWEED
HOT ECUIDOR

If your interested in any of these please PM me

thanks your friend Joe

Back