• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

How about under rated products?

I picked up this the other day from Walmart for under $3/16oz. No preservatives or artificial colors. Sodium isn't even too terribly bad a 200mg per 2 tbs. A bit high to use for chips but used more like a hot sauce it aint half bad. Nice jalapeno flavor with a ok heat level.

La Preferida Hot Green Jalapeño Salsa, 16 oz
Ingredients: Jalapeo Peppers, Water, Onion, Corn Starch, Vinegar , Salt
61mNBvbn6PL._SL1058_.jpg

Gorizza said:
Or if they don't have this guy
sauce_image_4.png
Ewwwwww

I really tried to like Yuckyteco, i sampled several of them... YUCK!
To me that green one taste like; what i imagine salty-paint with a little bit of Habanero would taste like :rofl:
and it's such an unnatural green.

reminds me of a joke: "What's green and taste like red paint?"
"Green Paint !"  :party:

I say: Eat what you like.
But for me Yuckyteco (in all flavors) does not even compare to Cholula, and Cholula is nothing special.
i'd rather eat a meal with no sauce  :mope:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
 I really tried to like Yuckyteco, i sampled several of them... YUCK!
To me that green one taste like; what i imagine salty-paint with a little bit of Habanero would taste like :rofl:
and it's such an unnatural green.

I get it, It really is a strange sauce. There's nothing else like it and that might not be a good thing

But it was literally the first actually hot sauce I ever had as a kid, and it always reminds me of that, so I always reach for it.

The Hot Pepper said:
Cold fried chicken is so good, gotta hit it with a sprinkle of salt.
Its even better cold than it it hot! ;)

Cold fried chicken, sprinkled with salt, then DROWNED in mayonnaise. Not that Miracle Whip crap. "Mayonnaise," dammit!

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
 i like this one, same brand 
guacamoleSalsa_176x338.png
while nothing like guacamole, it is a good creamy verde sauce  
and @ $3-4 a bottle  it's cheap too :)
So this is a take on a very local very popular options in Tucson Mexican eateries such as el Guerrero Canelo, Nicos tacos, los bentos and my all time favorite Ponchos. You right not hot an even flavorful on its own, an excellent compliment to your burrito.

Back