• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How can i forcemy habaneros to ripen???

Novacastrian said:
Hey Jimmy is there any chance we could get a pic/s of your plants? We like piccies!

I'll try my best. I have just taken some with my mobile phone so the quality won't be the best but i have to figure out how to get them on my comp then on here first.
By the way the stick worked, damn chickenshit habaneros didn't need much threatening in the end... :party:

SeeYouJimmy said:
I'll try my best. I have just taken some with my mobile phone so the quality won't be the best but i have to figure out how to get them on my comp then on here first.
By the way the stick worked, damn chickenshit habaneros didn't need much threatening in the end... :party:

yeah when they know they might get a snack up side the head it can work wonders :shocked:

Last year I hung plants that had lots of green pods. That worked not at all.

I eventually put the plants (stems and all) onto the grill.

The foliage burnt off, and the peppers, though unripe, made a nice smoky addition to some already pickled habs.

They would have made good powder too.

The banana thing is the only viable thing that has been suggested.

Okay Nova, here are some pictures of my hedge:)

th_11-03-09_1707.jpg

th_11-03-09_1708.jpg

th_11-03-09_1709.jpg

th_11-03-09_1711.jpg

th_11-03-09_1712.jpg

Sorry about the fuzzy quality but the pics were taken on my mobile phone.

Here's yesterday's harvest:

th_11-03-09_2010.jpg

You probably can't see from the blurry pictures but about 1/4 of the pods on the left were left to dry on the plant so the harvest is not really as big as it looks.

The chillis on the left are birds eye, sold as "inferno" in the nurseries, in the middle are jalapenos and a few orange habs, and on the right are Thai birds eye. The latter produces hundreds of pods but since they are so small it takes forever just to pick them off the plant.... so i pulled the buggers up.:evil: They're more of a nuisance than anything else. I also have some white bullet habs but so far they're all still yellow. Think i'll be showing them the stick next......

Plants are looking good mate. Yeah my white bullet habs are all still yellowish as well. I'm getting a billboard set up next to all the plants and put that 'rock stare' on it.....:lol:

Back