• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How deep is good?

...when potting up?

My sprouts are about 2" tall, so how deep would I plant them when I pot up? Just under the real/true leaves?

Thanks! :cool:

I think you have the right idea mate. As long as the leaves dont touch the ground you should be set.

Lol @ Rich!

Thanks, fellas!

Oh BTW ~

Does size matter with regards to choosing the next pot up? I mean, obviously it does to some extent, but does the cup / bag / pot have to be 'x' deep compared with the length of the sprout?

Reason I ask is that the cups I have bought are not plastic, but are a waxed board like you might get a cool drink in at the movies, and I'm concerned they might leak. I also have much wider plastic tubs already on hand which will save me buying more cups if they are suitable. They are about as wide as a regular pen is long, and half that in depth.

Think that's ok?

I think you are worrying too much about what they will be living in... If you ask me man, a chili plant wont give a crap if it's living in a jockstrap, a toilet bowl or a blender.

Just make sure it properly drains and holds up to the elements and they are going to be just fine.

Obviously the larger the container, the more dirt it holds and the more the roots can expand and thus the larger the plant can get.

Dont worry too much about the pot, I think if it's at least 2x as large as the previous one, then you should be fine.

Ok,crystal clear - thanks!

My jock strap was waaay too small, :oops: but I had these...:lol:

p8060008.jpg

You did say 'anything', right? ;)

RichardK said:
IIf you ask me man, a chili plant wont give a crap if it's living in a jockstrap, a toilet bowl or a blender.

Just don't switch the blender on until you're ready to make salsa :onfire:

Heh heh!

...and these are the cups that got Bhut Jolokia, Barrackpore 7 Pot, etc...they'll probably end up semi-sweet and perfumey! LOL!

Now just so you know, they may not be as hot in those girly little cups. Should have gotten some transformers ones.

Back