• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

how do i make extract.

how exactly do you make a extract... i know it has something to do with alcohol or something but i dont know the specifics.

As an update .....I just finished bottling 4 oz of by far the hottest thing ever to go in my mouth( There is an out of context waiting) I have tried the source and its claimed 7 million scovies. Without a doubt this is so much more potent. I accidentally got a micron of it on me this morning before going wakeboarding this morning. for the last 5 hours my hand has been absolutely on fire. I cant wait to use this as a drunkin novelty with some of the boys

okay here is 100 grams with just enuff grain alcohol to cover them
DSC01478.jpg

and here is what 100 grams give you.. about two ounces of hell
DSC01479.jpg

Yup, It's Hot

After reading through this thread, I just had to make up a batch of pepper extract. Yes, it is everything I thought it would be. And, like I said...Yup, It's hot.

I added a small amount to one of my prepared sauces and find it quite enjoyable but I can honestly say that I'll not do it again. It was an interesting experiment, however, I can find more beneficial uses for the peppers in my other recipes.

If I want to take that kind of a beating, chomping on a fresh naga does the trick. I'll keep the remainder on hand for those "Special" folks who say I can't make it hot enough for them. Hehe!

Oh, I did finally find a more "Manley" use for a candle warmer during the process. It gently warmed the batch to decrease evaporation time. Patience is not my forte.

"Woof, Woof! That's my other dog impression."

Get the stuff that you have already made and let it sit in a bowl. Any moisture/alcohol left in there will evaporate leaving a thicker yet more concentrated goo. I let mine sit for a couple of months and it was as hard as toffee.

Back