• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How do you extinguish the Mouth-Fire?

“Just a Spoon full of Sugar helps the......”

Sorry got carried away. Well that and repeating the litany of fear:
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.”

I don't know if it will work that well. But when I was having and itchy cough, I took some extra strength lozenges called fishermen friend. With that I could easily tolerate heat that I normally couldn't

Mark T

I ate a douglah a week ago and it hurt me good. I hate a douglah again this week and it hurt a little less. I dosent take long to build tolerence. Try small pieces and work your way up. You will be soon munching hurt pods with the best of em.

I think I saw someone laughingly saying that drinking a beer helped a lot. The fact is, he wasn't too far off. Alcohol is a great solvent for the capsaicin. If you get it on your skin you can use rubbing alcohol to get it off your skin. For internal use, take your favorite and strongest booze and use it as a mouthwash. Sometimes it might take a couple of tries, but it does work pretty well. You can swallow it if you want, but that will just move the pain down into your stomach, but I guess the pepper would already be there anyway.

Capsaicins are Nonpolar molecules , so anything that dissolves them eg oil alcohol, oil, fat will help.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_polarity
I've never heard of honey being used before. How effective is it?
I have heard of sugar being used not sure of the chemistry/ biochemistry at work there.

Now that you've got all these good methods of stopping the burn in your mouth after eating a superhot pepper, maybe you should turn your attention to stopping the burn when the pepper goes out.

Alan

Now that you've got all these good methods of stopping the burn in your mouth after eating a superhot pepper, maybe you should turn your attention to stopping the burn when the pepper goes out.

Alan
Well I won't be trying the banana on that end :eek:

Back