• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

How do you like your chili?

How do like my chili? I'll tell you... Cut up a steak into cubes about 1" in diameter. Chop up some 'maters and red peppers (fresnos, cayenne, red habs, whatever have you...), fresh garlic, and fresh onion. Throw it all into a pot and add a little water. simmer on low for a while until all the peppers and maters dissolve into a red peppermato gravy. Add cumin, salt, black pepper, and whatever else you might want (I like cinnamon and allspice...) Absolutely no beans, but maybe some corn. Hell, I might even add some good heavy stout or a robust red wine to it... just because I can. When I think it's done, I throw it into the fridge for the night so it can thicken and let the flavors settle.

As for heat, the hotter the better. It keeps my brothers away from my food... ;) If I'm not sweating, I didn't do it right.

As for heat, the hotter the better. It keeps my brothers away from my food... ;) If I'm not sweating, I didn't do it right.

I usually make two batches....one medium-heat.....and the other stupid hot. The last batch had a LOT of AJ's Black Congo puree in it.

I'm still having nightmares.

I prefer w/o beans although I grew up eating it with kidney beans, I like a variety of chilis and love it alone but will eat it many ways. On a baked potato, over rice, Frito pie. With warm buttered cornbread and cold milk. Or beer!

No matter how you slice it.......In chili or in ANYTHING....

Kidney beans suck. The only thing on this earth worse than a kidney bean is a Lima bean.

Lazy Chili-
canned chili, Top Ramen noodles, cheese, red blend powder, beer
649078ae.jpg

Cook Top Ramen without seasoning packet, heat can of chili, grate cheese (whew! that was So much work!) sprinkle on a good dose of red chile blend, enjoy the peace and quiet while the "boys" are gone to the basketball game~~~
8aff2a7b.jpg

:cheers:

My first attempt at chili. Bugger a recipe. These are the ingredients. Missing from the pic is a bottle of dark ale used to deglaze.
Chopped up the chuck steak into 3/4 inch pieces. Browned on very high heat, added beef mince until browned, same with onion. Deglazed with beer. Charred capsicum, added finely chopped garlic until fragrant, added fresh coriander seed, deglazed with a small amount of water. Into small stock pot with remaining ingredients. Japs will go in laters.
P1310684.jpg

I will slow cook this on low heat for 2 1/2 hours. It looks like a lake of lava to me :D Tastes f'n good already and VERY hot :flamethrower: (i taste every stage of cooking except pork and chicken)

Nothin to do now but continue :beer:

P1310686.jpg

DTS, that is one helluva good lookin' molten pot o' hot stuff!

No matter how you slice it.......In chili or in ANYTHING....

Kidney beans suck. The only thing on this earth worse than a kidney bean is a Lima bean.

wrong! testicales as food !

SL - dont know why the ramen noodles for chilli, though interesting.

DTS - the chilli looks good, thick & chunky chilli is the way I like it.

SL - dont know why the ramen noodles for chilli, though interesting.

It was Lazy Day chili, kinda like college or batchelor(ette) grub. Not quite ketchup on noodles for spaghetti, but close. I honestly can't remember the last time I had chili-ramen..... it just sounded good at the time.

:lol:

I know this sounds :crazy: , but my "secret" ingredient is crushed fennel seed. Not much though, maybe 1 or 1 1/2 teaspoon for a 8 quart batch. Try it, you might like it!

I always throw a pound of ground sausage or chorizo in mine. I also use mushrooms so my friends know which is mine at chili cook-offs.

Back