• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

How do you spice up your instant raman noodles

Say, POTAWIE, did you get that ramen spice blend figgured out?

Its the change of seasons here in CT and I have been eating my fair share of Ramen Chicken flavored. I happened to look at the back of a package the othe day and was surprised that one packet is two servings and 830Mg per serving and MSG - So I started eating them with a little black pepper for now until I can find a suitable low sodium replacement. I was thinking Mrs. Dash seasonings may work not sure how soluble they are but there are different blends http://www.mrsdash.com/ that I am going to try in the next few days. I have the Table Blend and Italian at home now.

Luckydog- I think the table blend is fairly finely ground and would work well. Also, I usually only use 1/2 the packet when making ramen. It's still a ton of salt and MSG, though.

Can't you get plain instant noodles in packs of 10, just add your own flavourings.
Bit of soy and/or oyster sauce, dark soy, kepac manis, or stock powder, or sriracha, or hoisin etc etc

O5rTv.jpg

Image taken from another site, I know nothing about those brands or make them how they suggest.
Here it's either MiGoreng for 50C a pack - comes with flavour sachet, dried fried onion, palm oil, dark soy and chilli which is awesome; or just plain empty noodles I buy in packs of 10 and add soy/oyster/sriracha/chilli flakes/peas/eggs or veg.

edit: and green onion is awesome, been buying a lot for curries and stir fries and just simple fried rice. I went out and planted a lot last week. It's up there with chillies, basil, parsley, capsicum and other herbs and veg as far as usefulness.

I throw away the spice pack because of the msg cant eat that crap

i boil the noodle then butter them and add either sauteed hot peppers or hot sauce with onion, garlic, a little hamberger,steak meat or chicken
very nice with a few slices of whole grain bread :party:

thanks your friend Joe

interesting with the egg and green onion. I started taking these to work because I dont like getting up when its still dark and its easy to grab and go when your late. Some great ideas though

Hmmm..........how bout Egg Drop Ramen noodle soup with green onion. Float some good chili oil on top. The oil will cling to the starchy noodles when drawn from the bowl.

I take the normal chicken flavor packet, add whatever cajun seasoning i have around, add additional dried minced onion, add habanero powder.

I don't like the thoughts of adding more sodium thats in the cajun on top of whats already in the chicken seasoning but i dont eat Ramen that often. Maybe ill mix up a custom blend of chicken flavor hot cajun mix from scratch that has lower salt content.

I use the spice packet and crush a dried cayenne pepper to throw in. I've also done some dried Japones. I have other dried pods I haven't tried including datil and red Jaimaican.

Back