• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

how long does it take for a habanero plant to sprout?

I just planted some habanero seeds yesterday, how many days till I see any results, Sprouting, Stem, Leaves Etc. any sign of growth above the soil. ALSO HOW LONG UNTIL I CAN HARVEST THEM? And when I do Harvest how many peppers should I see on the first harvest, approximately.

im starting them indoors for the first month and then transplanting them into a pot outdoors after if that changes anything

7 to 21 days depending... Dont worry, like cory_huck said - keep the temps rights and they will soon be sprouting

I saw first signs of sprouts in about 10-12 days on my peach habs. They are now about 2" tall and are starting to show secondary leaves. I started indoors in Jiffy peat pots w/ Miracle-Grow Organic Seed Starter and ferted w/ Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed Emulsion at 2 weeks, and again last week. I've got 100% germination on about 70% of my peppers. The only ones that didn't take were my Jalapeenies, go figure!

how long is a string??

they start sprouting in a week,keep soil moist. and they will tell you when they are ready for transplainting.

Results: six days, fourteen hours, 27 minutes
Sprouting: Sprouting what? Leaves? See below.
Leaves: Cotyledon's - seven days, three hours 19 minutes. True leaves: 12 days, 16 hours, nine minutes.
Etc: Eight days, nine hours, seven minutes
Sign of Growth: Six days, fourteen hours, 27 minutes
Harvest Time: 97 days, 22 hours, 11 minutes
No. of Peppers First Harvest: One

Note: If you just stuck the seeds in the ground and you're already pinging you're going to be a mess before you eat a single pepper. Relax, stay a while.

Best of luck to ya.

Back