• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

How much is too much for a NON pepper head?

So today I am making a curry, and I have some dried ghost peppers that I want to add to it.

Recipe will be roughly a gallon in volume and will be a yellow curry with beef, with no cream.

How many dried ghost should I add to the recipe? Just one? Crush it or leave whole?

The idea is that it shouldn't be completely unbearable for non pepper heads. And should also not give them stomach cramps, as I believe ghosts tend to burn more inside than in the mouth?

Of course I'll want it as spicy as possible, so that it's just BEARABLE for a non pepperhead. Hey, if you're going to eat my food, it'll be at least somewhat to my own taste, right?

Ballpark idea would be fine.

Thanks! :D

You don't want to ruin it for everyone.

What I would do is when the curry is done, in a small saucepan, scoop about a cup of curry into it, and spice it up with the ghost and cook it in. Make it really hot. Then this becomes a spicy sauce they can mix in but won't ruin the dish like a hot sauce, because it is the same curry just hotter, and they can control the heat by how much they use in theirs.

The Hot Pepper said:

What I would do is when the curry is done, in a small saucepan, scoop about a cup of curry into it, and spice it up with the ghost and cook it in. Make it really hot. Then this becomes a spicy sauce they can mix in but won't ruin the dish like a hot sauce, because it is the same curry just hotter, and they can control the heat by how much they use in theirs.

Great idea.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

The Hot Pepper said:

Thank you that sounds absolutely perfect! :)

I was going to say...for some people, regular ol' chili powder or even black pepper is too spicy. 

Best idea is what THP said.  Side sauce they can add as they want.  Hope you have fun and your guests/family enjoy the dinner.

SL

Back