• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

how MUST you have your water

Gawd. Turn on the lights. Stevia.

Is it possible for you to make a post without being condescending?

+1
Funny how stevia is banned in many places as a food additive while aspartame is considered safe. I guess anything associated with Monsanto is "safe" including agent orange and DDT... lol

You forgot Miracle-Grow. :lol:

dude calm down ,lol. ill make sure i never put words in your mouth again? and first thing in the morning ill go buy everything mark sweettoe has ever wrote. :dance: :rofl:

Yeah don't let real science get in the way of your opinions. :rolleyes:

i see you still want to argue/ why are you being a smart ass? what is real science? for real what is real science? you saying real science and my opinions,is putting words in my mouth! which you so frowned on. you have no idea what i think or believe?

Lol who new water was such a hot topic. Bang Bang Bang Skeet Skeet Skeet.....see if I was a pilgrim, then no one would be calling me an alcoholic and I'd have a legitimate reason to drink beer all day. "Isn't that your 7th mug today Barnebus? The sun's barely in the sky." "I'm staying hydrated Ned, you fool!" "You don't want me to die of dehydration do you?"

Wow havnt checked this post in a long time. Crazy!! Many pages

but damn is carvin like the resident troll? His 2cents has always have to be right. Rediculous

Nowhere did I post my $.02, I posted a scientific fact.
If that bothers you then don't read it kid!

Dude its not just this topic. Every so often i will go into one and see you taking jabs at someone. This isnt the first time ive seen this from you. But what do i know im just a kid

wow water a hot topic...lol
me I like it chilled if warm out, sometimes will freeze bottles of water if hot out so can have something cold to drink (that melts from hot temps) though I'll drink outside temp water.
if extremely cold and HOT out then thats a bad combo for me, for me thats more of a body shock ....kinda like having a brain & chest freeze at the same time.... which really sucks!!!!
true home...well water tastes like it came straight from bottled water or spring (pure/clean) ,though theres some areas their water is iron rich and nasty.

Sure, if you lived on them. Nobody is advocating that here though.
My point was that if you have a quart of soda, coffee etc per day then subtract that quart from your daily consumption of water and you only need three quarts of water not four. ;)

Saying they count does not mean they are just as good so don't put words into my mouth that I did not say.
Apparently you completely discounted the post I put from Mark Rippetoe's book. :rolleyes:

This is not entirely correct. If you substitute the same amount of a beverage containing alcohol or caffeine for plain water you will be less hydrated. However, even drinking water can make you less hydrated if you drink too much, just not as much as drinking something with caffeine or alcohol in it.

The body doesn't just need water, it also needs electrolytes that it loses when you excrete or metabolize them. If you aren't drinking enough water, alcoholic or caffeinated beverages may be better than nothing but you will need to drink more ounces of liquid in total to not become dehydrated due to consuming them and the more liquids you have to drink to achieve a balance, the more electrolytes you must consume for your body to retain that fluid in a useful way.

If you are already dehydrated, the usefulness of a drink with alcohol or caffeine is that since it is liquid it provides a transport medium for waste removal, but when referring to the actual mechanism of hydration, the inter-cellular fluid content, both of these decrease it compared to drinks without caffeine or alcohol in them.

You can certainly live on alcoholic or caffeinated beverages alone since they provide a way to get rid of bodily waste, but you will be in a constant state of dehydration if you are not eating a very large amount of fruits and vegetables to compensate and restore your electrolyte balance.

There are quite a few studies showing a link between alcohol and caffeine consumption and dehydration, although some don't show a link if enough fluid is consumed and it is done in moderation. Generally speaking that link is they both tend to cause an increase in excretion rate whether it be from urination or sweating.
https://www.google.com/search?q=alcohol+caffeine+dehydration

Back