• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

how to make oleoresin capsicum!!!!!!!!!

you take the hottest peppers available, lets just use nagas in our example, and the most concentrated alcohol you can find, lets just say rum, and puree the nagas , place into jar and cover with rum close lid and let sit overnight

habs and vodka might work also but the above example is probably most efficient, you can select which peppers go into the OC extract and make a sauce that is over 1 mil scovilles and ACTUALLY TASTES GOOD!!!

lol, no they just have all the equipment to build a still. a friend of mine who was a chem major had a still in his res room, apparently most of the chem majors were theiving bastards. he had to take the whole thing apart and hide all the peices over winter break cuz they do a check of each room then.

GrumpyBear said:
apparently most of the chem majors were theiving bastards. he had to take the whole thing apart and hide all the peices over winter break cuz they do a check of each room then.

HEY!!! I take umbrage to that insinuation, but not all chem majors are thieves :)

I wouldn't want to use any of my glassware from the lab for anything I would consume, regardless of how many times I washed/base bathed/cooked it and rinsed it. That's just plain stupid.

dreamtheatervt said:
I wouldn't want to use any of my glassware from the lab for anything I would consume, regardless of how many times I washed/base bathed/cooked it and rinsed it. That's just plain stupid.

back then i was kind of a lightweight so i never touched the stuff, although also because that guy was smart but i saw him do some royally stupid things. i once saw him eat an entire can of expired whip cream after finding out it was expired. then there was hallway bowling... and those were the things he did sober. so i kinda kept expecting to hear about a whole bunch of teenagers going blind after a party, or something along those lines. the maritimes is a crazy place...

i just learned tat they use acetonitrile to extract peppers...

BLEH!!! maybe THAT'S what makes them taste so bad!!!

i heard that there's a flavorless extract called habanera 750?

has anyone tried this or know someone who has? because if it really has no flavor then thats an impressive feat!

cap lover said:
i just learned tat they use acetonitrile to extract peppers...
BLEH!!! maybe THAT'S what makes them taste so bad!!!
i heard that there's a flavorless extract called habanera 750?
has anyone tried this or know someone who has? because if it really has no flavor then thats an impressive feat!

Habanera 750? Never heard of it. Welcome to Defcon ZERO country. Resistance is futile. :hell:

GrumpyBear said:
lol, no they just have all the equipment to build a still. a friend of mine who was a chem major had a still in his res room, apparently most of the chem majors were theiving bastards. he had to take the whole thing apart and hide all the peices over winter break cuz they do a check of each room then.

It doesn't take much to build a still, except if anything you really ought to find someone who's a halfway decent welder.

Dyce51 said:
When I was in Louisiana I drank Everclear all the time...I think thats the only way they know to make drinks LOL...well Daquaris at least...lol GGGOOOODDD STUFF I always drank the Cajun Sting Daquari at the Daquari Company...I also bought a couple of bottles while I was there to

Cheapest party in the world. 1 fifth of Everclear, 2 3-liters of soda and myself and 7 or 8 good friends get tossed in no time flat. All for $12 to $14 bucks. Ahhh, the good old days....

i'm goin' to new jersey!!!

where might that superfund site be creator?

maybe i could take the temptation to taste that defcon zero mixed with 16 million away? ... jk, i think i should get some defcon #1 though! i hope you don't use acetonitrile in your extract!!!

hey, if you don't know what i'm talking about then guess what!!!

defcon creator once put 16 million reserve into an ultrasonic cleaner to break it up, then proceeded to put the reserve into a small batch of defcon zero, needless to say he is saving it for a party when someone won't leave!!! :P

cap lover said:
hey, if you don't know what i'm talking about then guess what!!!

defcon creator once put 16 million reserve into an ultrasonic cleaner to break it up, then proceeded to put the reserve into a small batch of defcon zero, needless to say he is saving it for a party when someone won't leave!!! :P

May I ask what you're talking about?

I have plenty of 16 million crystal (NO, it's not for sale!), and wouldn't ever even THINK about putting it into a product for regular consumption. Please don't imply that I do.

Back