• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

How to ship just a few pods

...I don't know, you tell me. :P

I've shipped quite a few SFRB's full of pods, but how about if I just want to ship a few pods to someone for a review or something?

I know I could just fill the rest of a SFRB with paper packing or something, but is there a better/cheaper way to do it?

Thanks,
MM

I used one of those small square boxes at the post office. Not the SFRB, but they are the ones you buy and then use to ship. I think it ran me about 5 bucks or so total. The pods arrived in great condition.

I used one of those small square boxes at the post office. Not the SFRB, but they are the ones you buy and then use to ship. I think it ran me about 5 bucks or so total. The pods arrived in great condition.

Though at that cost you might as well use the SFRB -- for the convenience and the quick delivery time.

Thanks for the replies!

I received a few bonus pods in a seed trade once that came in a bubble envelope, and they were totally squished.
The risk isn't worth the couple bucks saved IMO.

Though at that cost you might as well use the SFRB -- for the convenience and the quick delivery time.

Yea, I usually fill a box instead of going with the smaller variation. But in this case, I sent one mutated Pod back to Chris who gave me the seed so he can grown them out.

Bubble envelope? If someone did that I would think it was totally unprofessional.

Yea, I think the SFRB is the way to go!
You can get a cheaper rate with a small brown box,,but it wont get the priority shipping!
Which has never taken more than 3 days in my case!
From East coast to Cali in 2 days most cases!

Kevin

I buy cheap little plast Tupperware containers, put the pods in, then later the top with paper towel and fix with tape. I don't put the top on so they don't cook. The. Just stick that in a bubble envelope. Keeps them from getting squished or over heated

Back