• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking How to smoke peppers.

I have used several smokers for many things but to me this is the best smoker for cheese and peppers. Even though it is cheap I still find it to be the best.
http://www.macsbbq.co.uk/Order%20USA.html

You will see them try to sell their own sawdust. Instead just get pellets and soak them in water smoosh them and dry them in the oven or outside. Pellets are available everywhere. This will save you money.
IMG_1138.jpg

Pack the sawdust as instructed or watch a video on youtube. I will be smoking in a weber Q grill. Any grill/flower pot/ box/ car trunk will work.
IMG_1163.jpg

The smoker uses a little "tea candle" to get started. I let it run about 1-2 minutes and then I help it.
IMG_1152-1.jpg

I blow out the flame and take the candle out.
IMG_1155-1.jpg

put smoker at the the bottom of the grill. Replace the grate and add a cooling rack so even small peppers don't fall down. yeah the pictures stink.
IMG_1158.jpg

You will see I cut all my peppers. I plan on drying them later and I don't get the musty taste if I cut them. I'll post later on how I dry them.

Once you light it you can forget it. No worrying about flame up or running out of wood or managing temperatures. I think it runs~ 8 hours. I don't know because I am asleep.

Back