• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

human urine for fertiliser

Urea and urine are two different things. Most urea in garden shops from what I am told is not made from urine. I looked into this a while ago (appling urea) but its so high in N that it could really cause some soil imbalances. You know like the huge green pepper plant with one pod. Good for leafy greens. Someone should do a experiment and see.

Come on everyone. Lets go over there and have one big pee party. He supplies the beer and we supply the urine. :lol:

My father has been placing feeding tubes into the root base of his trees and pissing in them for years. He also has a heated garage that doubles as his man-cave and has a crack in the cement floor he pisses in, suggesting that the pheramones from human urine deter predators such as coons and possums (he raises game fowl). I have no empirical evidence to suggest otherwise, yet I can't help thinking it is crude and he is just lazy and drunk. Maybe he is on to something though. He does enjoy high levels of success at botany and husbandry.
i like your dads style,lol.

You should use it fresh, and only begin using it mid-stream, not as you begin pee-peeing. Dilute it about 10 to 1, and water away. Works like a charm.

One of the gardening gurus in the the UK is a guy called Bob Flowerdew. He says get as much human urine on your compost heap as possible. Its something to do with amino acids I think which speeds up the composting process and adds a lot of good stuff. Not sure I would pee directly on my plants though!

Urine is excellent for composting. It's very high in nitrogen and speeds the breakdown of organic material. It also can replace a lot of the water that otherwise would have to be added.

Back