• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hungarian Wax at Wal-Mart?

I was at the grocery in Wal-Mart today and for the first time ever they had Hungarian Wax peppers for sale. I did not buy any as I am not a big fan but it really caught my attention to see those white/cream pods on the shelf between the poblanos and seranos. Has anyone else seen these for sale in store?

My Hungarian Hot Wax always grew out Yellow, then ripen to a full Red. They taste great at the Red stage and make fantastic pickles if packed with one smashed garlic glove, and cut an onion into thin slices, put one whole set of the sliced onion layer in and can per proper pepper canning methods. (vinegar, etc. process jars in the hot bath method...etc. etc.) Wait at least 1-2 months...and enjoy!

I just picked some up from the grocery store. These were red from Bailey's Farm. Excellent pepper IMO. Super sweet with a dash of heat, absolutely perfect for poppers.

I'm pretty amazed what I've found lately around town. Last year I got a hab from Home Depot that turned out to be pretty 7 pot ish. This year Armstrong garden center had bhut jolokias and black cobras(goats weed).

Makes it fun to go look from time to time.

Not only Wal-Mart, plantworld in Vegas has them too. Most of them are podding up.

20130413_080908.jpg

, Vegas

I think he's talking about them being for sale in the produce section.

Oh man! Ok well I kinda read that too fast lol! Seedlings a lil bit better, no? This place I go to even has "holy moly" that more productive strain of the pasia bajio, and a lot other ones.

Joe these have a different tag and don't look related or look associated with Bonnie plants.

, Vegas

Oh man! Ok well I kinda read that too fast lol! Seedlings a lil bit better, no? This place I go to even has "holy moly" that more productive strain of the pasia bajio, and a lot other ones.

Joe these have a different tag and don't look related or look associated with Bonnie plants.

, Vegas
oh ok

I don't know about the stores here but when my brother came to visit at Easter he brought me 12 pepper plants of which 4 are what he called hot Hungarian wonder if they're the same thing

Back