• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

HVAC Question

There was a small thunderstorm come through this morning about 3 am....

the power went on and off a couple of times...

Now my heat pump is blowing hot air out of the family room/kitchen vents while the other vents in the house are blowing cool/cold air...

Anyone else experience something like this?

thanks Jay - by the way...I sent you a friend request...I simply can not believe that we were NOT friends to begin with... :rofl:

what kind of system do you have? split- air handler inside and condenser outside? how many? package unit one unit outside with duct attached?

sounds very strange unles its a split system with multiple zones. maybe the air is just warming up by the time it gets to the kitchen vents. are they the furthest from the unit? is your compressor and fan running outside? check the breakers/fuses?

what kind of system do you have? split- air handler inside and condenser outside? how many? package unit one unit outside with duct attached?

sounds very strange unles its a split system with multiple zones. maybe the air is just warming up by the time it gets to the kitchen vents. are they the furthest from the unit? is your compressor and fan running outside? check the breakers/fuses?

well, it is a two stage 5 ton carrier heat pump (3.5/5) unit outside with the air handler in the attic...I know there are heating elements in the air handling system....just don't know where they are...

I got a call from a friend of mine that say's he thinks it's a "control" issue...I am going to call the people that put it in last year and have them come look at it...after all, it is free....well, not free....I paid for the "no cost" maintenance/service for the unit...for I think 7 years...

they don't build'em like they used to. i hope you get repaired soon, August is no time to be without A/C in your location.

that's what I'm figuring Willard....thanks man...

the repair tech won't be here tomorrow so it looks like I'm not gonna be here today.... :)

Back