• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hydro From Denver...!

Man... There's Pepper Nuts everywhere around here and I thought I was alone hanging Fruit...

I love the all Mighty Dirt, Peppers never had a better Friend. I will be expanding my outdoor garden this year as well, now it's 6' x 10' raised bed and gets full sun so 6' by 16' will be nice. The earliest we can plant is Mother's Day and with Peppers you really have to watch them as the weather changes every 5 minutes. Funny the Squirrels ate all my Tomatoes & Squish last year ( first time in 25 years ) and all I had left was the Peppers. So this year it's all Peppers outside and Tomatoes inside.

The problem with dirt ( or good thing ) is it's a buffer and you can only get 50% to 60% of the plants potential at best. With Hydro you can get 80% to 100% of your plants potential but it's a live by the sword, die by the sword type of thing. When things go wrong, they can really go wrong with Hydro most of the time as you do not have the dirt buffer. That's why I'm so surprised that I made it this far as the first grow was just to see if the system worked and to get the bugs out. I have been really pushing the envelope to see what I could get away with, the Peppers are a bonus..."-)

That brings up a question... I got my seeds at Johnny Seed's but I did not see the verity of Peppers that I see here, or I did not know what I was looking for. Is there a better place to get your seed's...?

Back to the Garden... About the only problem I'm having is over crowding, original thought 12 Pepper plants would be right but now I'm thinking 6 would be better and allow more room for the plants. That's another great thing about the system, it's modular and can be configured any way you want plus it break's down for easy cleaning...

Sorry about the rant... but I'm as Proud as a new Father..."-)

Hi All, time for an update...

The Green Children ( as my wife calls them "-) are doing great...!

Started the grow Christmas Day from seed under the HID lights, what a pain but I was more interested to see if the system worked then any thing. Only had six survive so on 1-25-09 I started another six to see what happened, two more wax and four LadyBugs...

Left Side 60 days old, right side 90 days old...

1c.jpg

2c.jpg

3c.jpg

Now for the good stuff, anybody up for a little Salsa...?

These are the biggest Waxies I have ever grown and would of got bigger but I'm Hungry...!

9c.jpg

Thanks for the post all...

They taste better then they look, had one for lunch on my chicken sandwich...

Think I'm going to make Chili Relleno's tonight instead of Salsa, since there so large..."-)

Hey Quad... Checked out some of your videos, Hot Stuff Dude...:onfire:

Beautiful pepper growing system you have Colorado, congrats. Easy to see and understand why you're so proud. I am really looking forward to watching you work. Good luck and I know those have to be some of the best waxies you've ever ate.;)

Forgot this. A lot of folks around here get their seeds from a good ol' Texas gal name of Beth. Here's the link to her site. http://www.peppermania.com/ She's done me right every time.

Good luck to ya!

Thanks for the link Patrick, got my order in to Beth this morning...

Got 9 good one's to add to my 6 already in hand so I will try 15 differant peppers this year. Mostly mild/medium but I did kick it up a little with some Bonnet's and Habanero's tho...:onfire:

Just about to start my outdoor crop April 1st, this will give me 6 to 8 weeks before I put them out. Got to expand the Garden with this many pappers so I will do a log on it as well...

White Out Conditions here in Denver, expected to snow well into the morning. My outdoor Garden looks a million miles away...

21.jpg

So me a Doodle the Beagle are working in the garden...

20.jpg

Foxxy love's waxies, got to keep her out of the Garden...

foxxy031909-2.jpg

She's a Pepper Dog, love's the sweet hots so I got to watch her. Drop a ring on the floor and it's gone..."-)

Also eats Grapefruit with me in the morning and her favorite treat is frozen assorted vegetables...

I kind of feel the way you guys do but with all things in life you must pick your battles. The wife has a whole wardrobe for Foxxy and they have a lot of fun, now Doodle will not a have a thing to do with it. Long story short, Foxxy and my Hydro Garden came into our life's about the same time so I won the Pepper Battle and she won the dress the dog battle..."-)

Back