• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hydro-Gardens Pepper/Herb Formula

Just wondering if I anyone knows if the Hydro-Gardens Pepper/Herb Formula can be used for lettuce or other hydro plants?
Not too familiar with nutrient numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am no expert, but most hydroponic forumlas are much lower than, the numbers represent the n-p-k values, nitrogen(N), phosphorus(P), and potassium(K).
If you are looking to grow hydropnically I would stick with know compaines and some prices arent to bad

For instaace, x-nutrients (15 bucks quart) microbrew fertilizer (26 bucks for 3 part set up) and many others.

here is a link to alot of the different types out there, in my opion it would best to stick with them, http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/items.asp?Cc=NU

It might not be optimum, but it will work fine. I've grown healthy celery, rosemary and basil along side my peppers in a hydroponic system.

if you have it and don't want to buy a new fertilizer go ahead and use it but if you are looking for a lettuce specific fertilizer, lettuce has a high nutrient requirement need from all the 3 major nutrient sources. so, a general 20-20-20 would most likely work best. so, in the good, better, best scenario, you would be in the good zone.

good luck and enjoy your lettuce and hopefully you are growing something a little more exotic like buttercruch and not boring ole leaf lettuce.

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. Just gonna use it for the meantime. Had some unplanned expenses set legacies for a bit. Thanks again!

If you have the Pepper and herb formula, 11-11-40, you can substitute it for the lettuce formula 8-15-36. I am using the Tomato formula, 4-18-38, in my lettuce buckets, I do need to add something to increase the nitrate tho..

Back