• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Hydrogen Peroxide is it good or bad?

damn, you poured 32 ounces of h2o2 into your fertilizer?

i have 0 clue what going on in an organic mix like that but it bet its not oxidizer friendly. id be curious to see what it did chemically to your oragnic soup stuff.

You should never ever use Hydrogen Peroxide when growing healthy plants using organics or soil. As it wont differentiate between good and bad bacteria, plus too much can burn/kill ur plants.
When growing in a hydroponic system with synthetic nutrients, it fine to use in small amounts.

Some folks like to use Hygrozyme instead, but I've never gotten good results with it. I would rather use compost teas to prevent any molds or diseases from taking a hold. Plus if you use Hydrozyme and you have bad bacteria in your system, it will only feed it.

The one time i was attacked by the slime monster i had to use Physan 20 to get rid of it. But, I didn't use it while i had edible crops growing.

Hope this helps
L8
Hydro

H2O2 is an oxidizer, so mixing it with organic matter oxidizes the organic material.

Like fire, it's an oxidizer too. So mixing it and storing the mix is a waste of time, the reaction will neutralize the H2O2 and change the original organic matter to an oxidized form---to a greater or lesser extent.

It does work very well topically, or as a shock cure, for mold, mildew and fungus.

I'm not sure how many of you commenting here have actually spent hours researching H202. I have read several articles published online, here is the first one I read http://www.using-hyd...ide-garden.html I moved on and studied a couple others as well, after using H202 every 2 weeks for over 6 months following the Tables exactly I haven't witnessed any adverse effects. It all boils down to user preferences..... :dance:

actually I was surprised mine didn't fall over dead right away
it was just to see what would happen for the sake of experimental stupidness ;)

I use the 3% as a seed soak all the time with no problems at all, why it helps to kill and bad fungus and diseases that might be on the seed coat also it helps to remove the waxy coating on the hard seed cover which then allows moisture to inter the seed.
I also spay it on any garden plant that has mildew or mold on it I keep my starter seed cups sprayed so that no fungus or mold will grow on then I have never lost any seedling to damp off since I started spraying in on young seedlings at 1% Hydrogen peroxide. I use it a lot to kill mildew that hits my melons and tomatoes and on any pepper or solanous plant that I might be growing.
It also kills soft bodied insects like aphids. My two cents any way I'm sure that others will say that I don't know what I'm talking about. I feel that H.P. is far less toxic than liquid seven spray, and you can gargle with it, try that with Liqid seven.
George W.

George

I'm not sure how many of you commenting here have actually spent hours researching H202. I have read several articles published online, here is the first one I read http://www.using-hyd...ide-garden.html I moved on and studied a couple others as well, after using H202 every 2 weeks for over 6 months following the Tables exactly I haven't witnessed any adverse effects. It all boils down to user preferences..... :dance:

That depends on if you are growing organic or not. H202 will kill mychorrhiza and other beneficial bacteria that are essential to a healthy food web.

Back