• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic hydroponics/ flood and drain 12/27/09

Toleman said:
Hi RedEyes. In the last 13 days since I posted the picture of my seedlings they are doing well. I upped the nutrient to 0.4ml per litre of each (1.5ml per gallon) and im getting a good steady growth rate. Im sure I could go higher but as long as they are happy plodding along I can start my hydro seedlings off earlier I did it for a test really to give me an idea of 'from seed to ready for the system 'as I don't want to end up with plants ready and the risk of frost still looming.

Im getting a bit of salt build up now. I have just been washing through from the top with nute solution but should I do it with just water? My concern is the big cube when wet holds water for 5/6 days so it would be a while without food

Cheers for your help.

Chris

i think you should up the nutes for faster growth... just be sure not to over do it.....

well i am back i am flushing again lots of new growth... i will be harvesting all the lettuce and i going to harvest swiss chard and some broc leaves .. i will then start fresh lettuce and not sure what else .. i also have a some cucumbers and tomatoes in the new system just now starting to get bigger ..you can see my peppers all out of control i will be taking some clones soon and i want to clean the peppers up good ... i will be back when i start chopping stuff down..

IMG00465-20100203-1715.jpg

IMG00466-20100203-1716.jpg

IMG00468-20100203-1717.jpg

IMG00469-20100203-1717.jpg

Back