• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I am giving up hot peppers.

Until my crop start producing again, that is. :lol:

I'm sitting here, thinking about becoming accustomed to the pain and the burn, and I thought to myself, I kinda miss the "omg i'm gonna die not good shouldn't have done this" feeling. I just ate, for breakfast, mind you, an omelet that had some cheese in the middle with a big shot of my hot sauce, and topped with a huge bit of my Pan Capsicum salsa that's like 30 or so percent peppers, and it didn't even faze me.
For breakfast.
The hell?

So I'm gonna take a break from all hot products. I want to see if I can get my rookie-ness back. I want that rush. I want that burn without having to resort to eating straight bhuts.

Anyone else ever thought this way?

yep. i thought last night, when munching a scotch bonnet whilst cooking a curry, that ages ago, i would've been sweating profusely, but the heat didn't bother me too much....must be getting used to the heat, but the flavour, thank God, never wanes.
i regularly sprinkle bhut jolokia powder on various dishes, mix naga morich paste into others, but the flavour's the main concern, the heat seems incidental, but i'm not sure i'd want to return to first base, as it were.quite happy being at the stage i'm at, although some might disagree....that's what makes us all different i guess.

Skydiver said:
Until my crop start producing again, that is. :lol:

I'm sitting here, thinking about becoming accustomed to the pain and the burn, and I thought to myself, I kinda miss the "omg i'm gonna die not good shouldn't have done this" feeling. I just ate, for breakfast, mind you, an omelet that had some cheese in the middle with a big shot of my hot sauce, and topped with a huge bit of my Pan Capsicum salsa that's like 30 or so percent peppers, and it didn't even faze me.
For breakfast.
The hell?

So I'm gonna take a break from all hot products. I want to see if I can get my rookie-ness back. I want that rush. I want that burn without having to resort to eating straight bhuts.

Anyone else ever thought this way?

I wonder if this works with beer....

The world may never know.

Give me around a week with no really hotstuff and my tolerance wains.

virtual keyboards suck! :lol:

paulky_2000 said:
I wonder if this works with beer....

The world may never know.

It does.
I've cut way back on my beer intake (six or seven dollars a beer adds up FAST). I feel it after one good beer now.

I'll try to look up a thread about this from another site and post a link. Recalibrating your palate is an interesting concept.

My tolerance falls off a bit after a few weeks of not eating anything with major heat as well, however it ramps back up fairly quick once I start downing some daily hots.
but as mentioned above I dont think you can truly appreciate all the wonderful flavors that different chiles have to offer until you can conquer their heat.

-Rich (WickedMojo)

Boooo quitter. Are you drinking near beer too?

mE I FELT THIS WAY FOR A WHILE BUT THE FEELING KICKS BACK INTO GEARS IN THE LATE SPRING AND SUMMER. iT WAS INDA GETTING ME BUMMED. nOW I'M BACK IT WAS OF THE REASON I WASNT ON . hOWEVER IN MY ABSENCE I LEARN HOE TO HATCH CHICKENS AND GROW GIANT PUMPKINS.

Back