I am new here

I am 48, my love of hot food started in the mid 80s with just asking for chinese food extra hot, then in grad school with the wings. When I entered the real world, I discovered indian and thai and in Mexico the discovery of little local places that made their own salsa with habaneros. By the mid 90s there was not a single hot food that I could not eat until those extract sauces came around (dave's insanity and endorphin rush). Too hot for me, but they also taste bad. About 12 yrs ago I was visiting a friend in Tucson and we went to this place, I ordered a dozen wings, I ate one and almost died. The pepper used was a small round red pepper the size of a pea, but it did have a great taste.

Welcome from Fort Worth...that small pepper your friend in Tuscon used was probably a Tepin...I have two wild tepin plants in my back yard...very small but very hot...not like a hab, but still plenty hot...

AlabamaJack said:
Welcome from Fort Worth...that small pepper your friend in Tuscon used was probably a Tepin...I have two wild tepin plants in my back yard...very small but very hot...not like a hab, but still plenty hot...

I think that was it, a tepin or a pepin.

Welcome to the place of ETERNAL HEAT.
May you rest in pieces here.

4150732978_2acf096431_o.jpg

welcome from Southfield Michigan.....your neighbour.

NJA

Back