• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I am trying to find out what kind of peppers these are.

So I ordered some peppers from bakers peppers. I was suppossed to get moruga scorpions. The box came with several different peppers with no labels on them. With some peppers looking very similar I am having a hard time figuring out what these peppers are. If anyone has any idea what they are that would be great.
20141223_152912_zpsaf1a8a3a.jpg

I have ordered twice from them. The first time I ordered a mix box nothing labled. I honestly think though they were all the same. This time I ordered a box of morugas and I got a mixed box nothing labled. This time though he did send some extra stuff. which was cool.

Just my 2cents... From left to right: Butch T, Chocolate Habs (the lower one seems less smooth, maybe 7 pod brown/Douglah), Bhut Jolokia, red and yellow.

I'm not even trying with the 2 on the right or the 3 on the low... But i can't see Morugas, sorry...

OK that's what I was thinking they were. Based on my two orders from him. I have no reason to order again. Yes he did send me from extra stuff free, but He doesn't reply to emails. He forgot to ship one of my orders. He didn't send me what I ordered and nothing gets labeld. So it's a guessing game as to what you got.

So then where is a good place to order peppers from? I am going to grow some this year, but it might not work out well.

Pepperlover.com
Buckeyepepper.com
Puckerbuttpeppercompany.com
Refiningfirechiles.com
Fordsfieryfoodsandplants.com

There must be others, these are the ones i know the best!

The_Tongue said:

So then where is a good place to order peppers from? I am going to grow some this year, but it might not work out well.

Judy from pepperlover.com sells pods all summer long right here on THP. Posts them in the ads section and has a great selection that changes week to week.

http://www.sadisticpeppers.com is a member here and sells pods all year long I believe

http://www.sicmanshotpeppersandpowders.com is another member here that sells fresh pods

During the summer you will also find many THP members selling sfrb, mfrb and lfrb of all types of pods from super hot to not so hot.

If you browse the vendor vault you will find plenty of info about Dale Baker and Baker's Peppers. Many other vendor write ups here as well in case you're ever unsure about whether a vendor is legit.

The_Tongue said:
OK that's what I was thinking they were. Based on my two orders from him. I have no reason to order again. Yes he did send me from extra stuff free, but He doesn't reply to emails. He forgot to ship one of my orders. He didn't send me what I ordered and nothing gets labeld. So it's a guessing game as to what you got.

All of the above are a good place to start.I deal with "Wicked Mike".Mike has killer peppers and is a hack of a nice guy.He is here on THP too. Sicman carries pods and powder also.I haven't yet bought from him.Judy from pepperlover has some wicked pods all the time.She has a few I want so bad,but the seeds have not been release yet.When she does, I'll be ordering from her.  

The_Tongue said:
 I am going to grow some this year, but it might not work out well.

Hang out here for a while and it'll all be fine!  

You found the right place.   Welcome home!

Not sure exactly what you have for most of tgem, but if it was me I'd be very unhappy that what was supposed to be a box of Moruga's turned into a mixed box. The reds towards the middle look like bhuts or bhut crosses, but that's about the limit for me to say for sure. The chocolates don't look anything like the chocolate scorpions he used to brag about all the time, and other than the "chocolate" reaper, I don't know of any other chocolates he grows.
This is a question that's just for my curiosity, but in the row of yellow peppers, is it just me or does the bottom one look like a lemon drop? If so, how did it get there when he "only" grows nuclear hot peppers?

Back