• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I ate the Douglah...sort of

Ok don't get too exited, it was a pathetic little winter size pod - and after eating I realise it could have used a few more days on the plant.

0000954wq0.jpg

The heat wasn't brilliant - nowhere near the 7-pot, but it was still a little green inside. The smell was familiar a little like choc hab, but more intense....like 7-pot compared to Orange Hab.

The big thing is the taste - this is not like any pod I've eaten before - not as fruity as the 7, it has a bit of rough 'earthiness' like the Naga - but different. Obviously this one was very small, popped out at the end of winter & I picked too soon so cant be sure - for me though this was something unique in flavour.

I'm so looking forward to eating another.

pods are forming out of flowers, if it warms up again this week they'll be big.
Got one saved thats twice the size of one I just ate.

Many flowers setting - plant has its summer leaves on and looks very solid.

hey bent, did you really need to use that big pitchfork to harvest that pod?

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

next time you grow one of those giant gramma sized pods let me know, I'll put a crew together and we'll give you a hand to carry it into the house

*insert bwahaha... here*

at first sight i thought this was a shot of what was left after you ate the pod... then i looked closer... then i used the magnification tool in internet explorer... then i laughed... then i thought about the first hab i ever grew and how tiny it was and how i ate it anyways, yep this thread has made me go through almost the full gamut of emotions, anybody got anything pepper related that will make me angry? :-P

yeah it is pretty lame :D i just wanted to score bragging rights for 1st douglah grown & eaten in Oz - it goes nicely along with my 1st 7-pot & soon to be 1st Yellow Congo :rolleyes: :lol:

It did have an unusual taste though - I'm really looking forward to eating another. 7-pot & Naga Morich are still top of my list though.

WARNING - UNCONFIRMED POST FOLLOWS...

I grew and ate nagas last season... well at least I think they were nagas... I got the seeds from Primo here at THP

chilliman64 said:
WARNING - UNCONFIRMED POST FOLLOWS...

I grew and ate nagas last season... well at least I think they were nagas... I got the seeds from Primo here at THP

Nice when you can eat your own...I was "forced" to eat BB's last season.....hmm i think i need about 45 naga plants for personal use :think:

:lol: I take the pure for myself & cut the rest down with some pears, orange habs, few other chillies, cinnamon, garlic, Gari, other stuff & deal that out ;)

I do have a Naga habit though...& it's growing

bentalphanerd said:
:lol: I take the pure for myself & cut the rest down with some pears, orange habs, few other chillies, cinnamon, garlic, Gari, other stuff & deal that out ;)

Glad to see that there is method in ones madness:hell:

bentalphanerd said:

bent i think you will find the larger pods may have some more heat..But nice flavor a :)

And whats with the fork it looked like it was out of the fantastic voyage :)

Back