• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I Do Grow Other Stuff!!

Fall raised beds with lettuce, swiss chard, brussell sprouts, leeks, snow and snap peas, etc. :) Lettuce is ready to start picking. I LOVE fresh greens. I've started to dabble with Asian greens and other types as a friend from France sent me a nice selection earlier this year.

Chris

P1070434.jpg

P1070436.jpg

Wow! Those look great. They look a lot like mine!

We do spring greens, but we are clearly missing out on the fall lettuce crop!

You are right. Nothing better than a fresh salad with ingredients from the garden....(except maybe salsa fresh from the garden!)

Chris,

You plan on growing the stuff in the next few months? I'm in Ohio (southern part) and figure I have two, maybe three weeks before a killing frost and no more than five weeks before a deep freeze hits for a couple of nights.

I've sowed some lettuce, toms and broccoli upstairs, to go with the toms that are growing and some cukes I just ordered. Gotta plant a couple of onions and maybe some eggplants yet.

Mike

Chris They look really good. I love growing all different types of lettuce.

What are you planing to do with the snow and snap peas? are you going to stake them or give them something to climb??

I wish I had as much success as you with Lettuce. It doesn't matter what I do - they just always die.

Well done on a brilliant looking garden!

Great garden, all I am growing now is raddish for a winter harvest, but I'll sure try growing various kinds of lettuce and the likes next year. After all, I just got the garden.

Well done. Any reason for growing these in raised beds?

Back